Now, Uh, if you are a parent, you’ve heard a lot about drinking juice in kids.
现在,呃,如果你是家长,你肯定听说过许多关于小孩喝果汁的事情。
Well, that juice may help kids pack on the pounds.
嗯,果汁可以帮助孩子们增加体重。
But a new study now at the Bello University shows that though it may not be true, and in some cases it may even help kids maintain a healthy weight.
但贝洛大学一项新的研究目前表明,尽这可能不是真的,但在某些情况下,它可以帮助孩子保持体重。
So Dr, now you, juice even all the sugar and everything, could it help?
所以博士,现在的果汁一般都含有糖分,但它真的能有这种效果吗?
I am gonna tell you.
我马上告诉你。
This really surprised me.
这真的很让我吃惊。
Because parents are very now focused on weight control in children.
因为父母非常现在非常关注控制孩子的体重。
And we know there is tremendous epidemic of diabetes because of obesity in the young.
我们知道年轻一代有很多人患上肥胖症及糖尿病,。
And one would think that fruit juice might contribute to that.
而人们会认为果汁可能有助于促成上述疾病的发生。
While it turns out from this Bello study that 100% pure fruit juice, if taken on a regular basis, does not result in weight gain in these kids.
在贝洛的研究中发现如果定期饮用100%的纯果汁,不会导致这些孩子体重增加。
Now maybe that the kids who take this fruit juice have other things in their diet that might compensate for it.
也许现在,孩子们把这种果汁加入了他们的日常饮食中以补充身体所需。
They may have a sense.
他们可能有一种感觉。
But the point is if your kids likes fruit juice,100% fruit juice without adding the added stuff with them, is not weigh-gaining.
但是最关键的是如果你的孩子喜欢喝果汁,没有任何添加的100%果汁是不会增加体重的。
Dick, then I guess the key is real fruit juice, not, not the stuff that's with 10% or just 5%.
迪克,那么我想关键的是真正的果汁,不,不是那种含量仅为10%或者5%的饮料。
That’s exactly right.
完全正确。
Real fruit juice for the kids.
真正的果汁为只为小孩打造。
注:听力文本来源于普特