The most popular toys this holiday season, as you know, if you're a parent, are zu zu pets.
如果你身为父母,正如你知晓的那样,这个假期最流行的玩具就是这个祖祖宠物。
They're little robot hamsters that move around or something and there're people going crazy for them.
它们是四处移动的小机器人仓鼠之类的东西,但有些人却为之疯狂。
Zu zu pets aremanufacturedin China, and over the weekend a consumer group raised concerns that they might contain high levels of a dangerous metal called antimony.
祖祖宠物都是在中国制造的,而在这个周末一个消费者团体担心这些玩家可能含有危险含量被称为锑的金属。
Now today the government now said they do not contain a dangerous level of antimony,
而现在政府表示这些玩具不含有危险水平的锑,
but, you know, they said they're safe and they're just as stupid as you imagine they would be when you spend the money on them.
但是,你知道,他们只是口头上说祖祖是安全的,你可以想象当你把大把的钞票花在这些玩具身上他们的看法到底如何。
But I want to make sure still, because I got one for myniece.
但我只是想确认而已,因为我的侄女有这样一款玩具。
And especially since they're made in China, I want to make sure they don't containharmfulamounts of lead, you know, some Chinese toys do.
特别是因为它们在中国制造的,我想要确保不含有害水平的含铅,你知道,一些中国制造的玩具往往口碑不佳。
So we did our own test.
所以我们自己进行了测试。
Superman, as you know, cannot see through lead.
超人,你知道的,仅仅通过看是不能知道里面含铅的。
It's the one substance that blocks hisvision.
这是一种仅凭肉眼无法看到的物质。
So we got our Hollywood Boulevard superman and we taped a zu zu pet to, over each one of his eyes.
所以我们邀请到了好莱坞大道超人团队和我们录制一档祖祖宠物的测试节目,来检验这种玩具。
And now let's see.
现在让我们来看看。
If superman can make it across the street, they are safe.
如果超人可以把它拿到街对面,就证明它们是安全的。
Right across the way from us here on Hollywood Boulevard.
从我们在好莱坞大道的对面。
So maybe there is, maybe there isn't lead, no offence.
所以也许有,也许没有,绝无冒犯之意。
But dangerous or not, zu zu pets are the hottest toy out there.
但危险与否,祖祖宠物仍然是最火的玩具。
They're selling on eBay for like seven times theretail priceand they even found their way into the newest installment of a very popular movie franchise.
他们在eBay上以零售价格出售七次,他们甚至发现这种玩具成为了最新篇系列电影一种非常流行的时尚元素。
Oh, that's… I gotta go see that again.
哦,那是…我得再去看一遍。
ABC News now. Good to know.
这里是ABC新闻。感谢收听。
注:听力文本来源于普特
可可原创,未经许可请勿转载