There was just a long line of bubbles in the river.
河面上仅仅留下了一长串水泡。
The Rat sang a little song to himself, and the Mole remembered that it was not at all polite, in the animal world, to say anything if your friends disappeared at any moment, for any reason.
水鼠自个儿哼着歌,鼹鼠记起来了:在动物世界里,不管你的朋友在何时为何事突然消失,你都不能发表任何看法,否则就会被视为无礼。
'Well, well, 'said the Rat. I suppose we should think about getting home.
好了,好了,水鼠说。我想我们该准备回家了。
The Mole packed the things away in the lunch basket, and soon the Rat began to row gently homewards while the after noon sun went down behind the trees.
鼹鼠把东西收拾到午餐篮里,很快水鼠就开始轻松地划着船回去了。午后的太阳已落在树后,
The Rat was dreaming quietly to himself, but the Mole was very full of lunch and the excitements of the day.
水鼠在那儿一声不吭沉浸在自己的梦中,鼹鼠则满肚子的午餐,满脑子的兴奋。
He began to think that he knew every thing about boats now.
他开始认为他现在完全了解船了。
And in a while he said, Ratty! Pleas, I want to row!
过了一会,他说:阿鼠!拜托,我想划船!
The Rat shook his head with a smile.
水鼠微笑着摇摇头。
Not yet, my young friend, he said.
还不行,我年轻的朋友,他说。
Wait until you've had a few lessons.
等你学了几招再划,
It's not as easy as it looks.
这并不像看起来那么简单。
The Mole was quiet for a minute or two. But he wanted to row very much indeed.
鼹鼠安静了一两分钟,但是他确实非常想划船,
He was sure that he could row as well as Rat.
他相信他能划得像水鼠那样好。
Then, before the Rat could stop him, he jumped up, and pulled the oars out of the surprised Rat's hands.
紧接着,他跳了起来,水鼠还没来得及阻止,他已从吃惊的水鼠手中抽过船桨。
The Rat fell backwards off his seat, calling out, Stop it, you silly fellow! You'll have us in the river!
水鼠从座位上摔了下来,叫道:停下,你这傻蛋!你会把我们弄下水的!
关于《风雨河岸柳》
这种表现方式,更加深入人心,也更容易被读者接受。在书中,作者细细地描写了季节的流转、大自然的变化,以及动物们生活中发生的点点滴滴,生动地刻画了萦绕在柳林中的那份深刻的友谊与温情。