Diarmuid:Hi Jean. You look very pleased with yourself today.
戴拉蒙德:嗨,珍。你今天看起来很高兴。
Jean:Hi Diarmuid.
珍:嗨,戴拉蒙德。
I am in a very good mood today.
我今天心情很好。
Diarmuid:Why's that then?
戴拉蒙德:怎么了?
Jean:Well, I've had some good news.
珍:哦,我有些好消息。
Diarmuid:Really, what's happened?
戴拉蒙德:真的,发生什么了?
Jean:I've been given a promotion and a pay rise.
珍:我得到了晋升和加薪。
Diarmuid:Result!
戴拉蒙德:结果!
Jean:Sorry?
珍:对不起?
Diarmuid:I said… result!
戴拉蒙德:我说…结果!
Jean:Result?
珍:结果?
Diarmuid:That's right, result. R.E.S.U.L.T.
戴拉蒙德:没错,就是结果。R e s u l t。
We can use it when we get some good news.
当我们有些好消息的时候就可以用它。
Jean:But why do we use this when we get good news?
珍:可是当我们有好消息为什么用这个?
A result could be good or bad.
一个结果可能是或好或坏。
Diarmuid:Very true Jean.
戴拉蒙德:完全正确,珍。
A result could be a good result or a bad result, that's why we need to use intonation when we use this word in this way.
一个结果可能或好或坏,这就是为什么我们以这种方式使用这个词的时候需要使用语调。
Jean:So you need to say result with a particular intonation?
珍:那照你所说要结果与特定的语调相关?
Diarmuid:Yes, you need to say it in such a way that you sound excited and happy.
戴拉蒙德:是的,你需要以这样一种方式来表达你听起来兴奋和快乐。
Let's hear some examples:
让我们听一些例子: