My dream had come true. Miss Havisham was making me rich!
我的梦想变成了现实,郝薇香小姐正在让我富有起来!
Now,Mr Pip,continued the lawyer,there are two conditions.
喂,匹普先生,这位律师接着说,有两个条件:
The first is that you always use the name of Pip.
首先,你永远使用匹普这个名字。
The second is that the name of the person who has heen so generous to you must remain a secret,until that person chooses to tell you.
第二,对你如此慷慨的那个人的名字必须保秘,直到时机成熟了,那个人会告诉你的。
You are forbidden to ask any questions or try to discover who the person is.Do you accept these conditions?
禁止你问任何问题,或想发现这个人是谁,你接受这些条件吗?
My heart was beating fast as I whispered,Yes '.
当我小声说接受时,我的心脏快跳出来了。
Now,to details.I have been given enough money for you to live the life of a gentleman in London while you are studying.
喂,讲点细节问题,当你正在学习时,我要给你在伦敦过一个绅士生活的足够费用,
You will come to me to ask for whatever you need.
你无论需要什么都来向我要。
I suggest Mr Matthew Pocket as a teacher.
我建议马修·朴凯特作为一名教师。
I remembered that was the name of one of Miss Havisham 's relations,the one who did not visit her often.
我记起来了,这是郝薇香小姐其中一个亲戚的名字,这个亲戚不常看她。
You must buy some new clothes.
你必须买几件新衣眼,
Shall I leave you twenty pounds?He counted twenty coins out of his large purse onto the table.
我留给你20镑吧。他从大钱袋里数出20个硬币放在桌子上,
And when can you come to London?Next Saturday?
你什么时间能动身去伦敦?下星期六?
I agreed,feeling very confused.He looked at Joe,who seemed even more confused.
我感到十分迷惑,同意了。他看了看乔,乔好像更迷惑不解。
Well,Joe Gargery?Perhaps,I only say perhaps,I promise nothing,he said,throwing his purse carelessly from one hand to another,perhaps I have been told to give you a present when you lose your apprentice.'
喂,乔·葛吉瑞,或许,我只讲或许,我没有什么许诺,他漫不经心地从一只手到另一只手扔着他的钱袋说,也许我已经讲过,当你失去你的徒弟时,给你一份礼品。
Joe put his great strong hand on my shoulder in the gentlest possible way.
乔把他那粗壮有力的手轻轻地搭在我的肩。
关于《远大前程》
于是他暗中出钱让律师贾格斯找到皮普,告诉他“将要继承一大笔财产”,同时还要安排他去伦敦接受上等人的教育。皮普觉得幸福的大门在他面前敞开了,他从此可以成为上等人,能够以平等的地位追求艾丝黛拉了。