"Don't I taste as good as I smell?" I smiled in response. That hurt my face.
“我尝起来跟闻起来一样好吗?”我报以一笑。笑容扯痛了我的脸。
"Even better — better than I'd imagined."
“还要更好些——甚至比我想象过的还有好。”
"I'm sorry," I apologized.
“对不起。”我道歉道。
He raised his eyes to the ceiling. "Of all the things to apologize for."
他翻着眼睛,看着天花板。“在所有应该道歉的事情中。”
"What should I apologize for?"
“那我应该为什么而道歉?”
"For very nearly taking yourself away from me forever."
“为你差一点就让自己永远地离开我。”
"I'm sorry," I apologized again.
“对不起。”我再次道歉。
"I know why you did it." His voice was comforting. "It was still irrational, of course. You should have waited for me, you should have told me."
“我知道你为什么要这样做。”他的声音有着安抚的味道。“当然,这样做还是很不理智。你应该等着我的,你应该告诉我的。”
"You wouldn't have let me go."
“你不会让我走的。”
"No," he agreed in a grim tone, "I wouldn't."
“是的,”他用冷酷的语气赞同道。“我不会这样做的。”
Some very unpleasant memories were beginning to come back to me. I shuddered, and then winced.
某些很不愉快的回忆开始闯入我的脑海。我颤抖着,然后畏缩起来。
He was instantly anxious. "Bella, what's wrong?"
他立刻焦急起来。“贝拉,怎么了?”
"What happened to James?"
“詹姆斯怎么了?”
"After I pulled him off you, Emmett and Jasper took care of him." There was a fierce note of regret in his voice.
“在我把他从你身上拖开以后,艾美特和贾斯帕料理了他。”他的语气里有着一种尖锐的后悔。
This confused me. "I didn't see Emmett and Jasper there."
这话让我困惑起来。“我没看见艾美特和贾斯帕在那里。”
"They had to leave the room… there was a lot of blood."
“他们不得不离开那间屋子……到处都是血。”
"But you stayed."
“可你留下来了。”
"Yes, I stayed."
“是的,我留下来了。”
"And Alice, and Carlisle…" I said in wonder.
“还有爱丽丝和卡莱尔……”我惊奇地说道。
"They love you, too, you know."
“他们也爱你,你知道的。”
A flash of painful images from the last time I'd seen Alice reminded me of something. "Did Alice see the tape?" I asked anxiously.
痛苦的画面一闪而过,我最后一次看见爱丽丝时的情景提醒了我某件事。“爱丽丝看了那卷带子没?”我焦急地问道。