folded his arms
手臂交叠
caught up with
给…迷住,入迷
Soon he caught up with her.
很快他就赶上了她。
You have caught up with it.
你已经赶上它了。
Thanks to modern medicine and better public health, women now live nearly as long after the menopause as before, yet their ovaries haven’t caught up with the jump in longevity.
得益于现代医学和良好的公共卫生,现代女性可以在更年期后活得跟更年期前一样长。 然而,她们的卵巢并未与寿命一同增长。
pillowcase
枕头套(等于pillow slip)
For an extra-calming treat, take a nap on a pillow scented with lavender—either in fabric spray form, or crumble some of the plant itself and put it in your pillowcase.
想要更加平静的话,在洒有薰衣草的枕头或者喷有香薰的织物再或者是填充了薰衣草碎屑的枕套上小憩一会。
So this Halloween, after kids make the rounds, blame the excitement surrounding the holiday for your child’s jumpy behavior -- not the pillowcase protruding with candy.
所以这个万圣节,如果孩子们要完糖都兴奋过头,要怪就去怪节日的燃点吧,别误会了枕套里溢出来的糖果。
getting better
越来越好
With online communities and the tools to support them getting better, this time might be different however.
运用在线社区和工具去使他们变得更好,这个时机可能就会有所不同。
Then you can spend your time on the “getting better” part and forget about what other companies’ conversion rates are.
然后你就可以把时间花在“变得更好”这一部分上,而忘记其他公司的转化率是多少了。
rasped
易怒的;刺耳的(等于raspy)
Never in our family! ' My mother rasped .
在我们家绝不允许做这样的事。
He took her money in one hand and with the other hand he rasped her mitten and said take me to where you live.
他一手拿着小女孩的钱,一手牵着小女孩带手套的手说:带我到你住的地方。
The chalk rasped across the blackboard.
粉笔划过黑板发出刺耳的声音。
n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,