因此 仅从生理结构的角度来看的话
all mammals would have the ability to talk.
所有的哺乳动物都应具有讲话的能力
The main conclusion that I draw from all this work is that
在这次实验中我最大的收获在于发现了
the constraint that's keeping a chimpanzee from speaking,
阻止黑猩猩讲话 或者说阻止狗讲话的
or indeed keeping a dog from speaking, is not the peripheral vocal anatomy,
约束因素并不是发声部位的结构差异
because any of these animals that we've looked at
因为我们所观察的这些动物
are able to lower the larynx
都可以将喉部位置降低
and reconfigure the vocal tract into a human-like
从而创造出与人类相同的声道长度
confirmation basically any time they vocalise.
基本上每次发声都是这样
So that can't be the main thing that's keeping these other animals
所以说这并不是其它动物
from having the capacity to produce humanlike speech,
无法像人类一样讲话的主要原因
so it must be in the brain, by process of elimination.
排除了这个原因 主因一定在于大脑
Come on, 4 a pound, banana.
看呐 香蕉四块钱一磅
Yes, I had to speak to both those...
是的 我不得不对二者都讲一下
Every dish has sugar.
每道菜里都加了糖
We don't stop to think
我们止不住地想
how our brain processes the 370 million words
我们的大脑如何处理我们一生中所说的
we will say in our lifetime.
三十七亿个单词呢
Read my lips.
看我的嘴型
Or how we coordinate the complex sequence of thoughts,
又如何协调我们言语之中所蕴含的
movements and actions that lie behind each and every word we utter.