We think this can all be standardized, and then people
我们觉得这可以标准化
can personalize the stuff that goes into that wall,
那样人们就可以个性化墙上的其他物品
and like the car, we can integrate all kinds of sensing
就像那辆车一样,我们能完善各种
to be aware of human activity, so if there's a baby or
感应人类活动的传感装置,所以
a puppy in the way, you won't have a problem.
哪怕有婴儿或小狗路中挡道,也不会出大乱子。
So the developers say, well this is great. Okay,
开发商说也觉得这样很不错,很赞同
so if we have a conventional building,
所以如果我们有一栋传统的建筑
we have a fixed envelope, maybe we can put in 14 units.
有一个固定的底线,那么我们可能可以放14个单位进去
If they function as if they're twice as big,
如果他们能用起来像两倍的空间一样
we can get 28 units in.
那么我们就等于放进28个单位了
That means twice as much parking, though.
这就意味着有两倍的泊车空间
Parking's really expensive. It's about 70,000 dollars
泊车真的是很贵的,在一栋建筑物里
per space to build a conventional parking spot
建一个传统型的停车场,每个车位
inside a building.
大约要7万美金
So if you can have folding and autonomy,
所以如果能折叠,也有自动化
you can do that in one seventh of the space.
那么你只需七分之一个停车位
That goes down to 10,000 dollars per car,
每辆车就只需花1万美金而已
just for the cost of the parking.
就单停车这一项
You add shared use, and you can even go further.
如果加上共享使用,那么你行动范围就更大了
We can also integrate all kinds of advanced technology
我们能在这一个过程中加入各种高科技
through this process. There's a path to market
创新型公司把科技融入家居中
for innovative companies to bring technology into the home.
这方面的市场也是行得通的
In this case, a project we're doing with Siemens,
有这么个项目,我们正和西门子在合作
we have sensors on all the furniture, all the infill,
我们在所有的家具和填充物中加入传感器
that understands where people are and what they're doing.
能感知人们的位置和所做的事情
Blue light is very efficient, so we have these tunable
蓝光是很有效率的,所以我们做出了
24-bit LED lighting fixtures.
可调节的24位LED灯固定装置
It recognizes where the person is, what they're doing,
它能辨识人的位置,以及所做的事情
fills out the light when necessary to full spectrum white light,
需要的时候就变为全光谱的白灯
and saves maybe 30, 40 percent in energy consumption,
并节省下30%到40%的能源消耗
we think, over even conventional state-of-the-art
我们觉得,这比传统的最新型照明系统
lighting systems.
还要节能
This just shows you the data that comes from the sensors
这里的数据是来自那些传感器的
that are embedded in the furniture.
就安装在家具里面
We don't really believe in cameras to do things in homes.
我们不认为摄像机能在家里帮得上忙
We think these little wireless sensors are more effective.
我们觉得这些小型无线传感器更给力
We think we can also personalize sunlight.
我们也可以将日光个性化
That's sort of the ultimate personalization in some ways.
某种程度上,这算是一种终极的个性化了
So we, we've looked at articulating mirrors of the facade
我们现在看到的就是连接镜的正面
that can throw shafts of sunlight anywhere into the space,
它能往空中投射光束
therefore allowing you to shade most of the glass
这样就能在像今天一样热的天气里
on a hot day like today.
遮蔽掉大部分的光线
In this case, she picks up her phone, she can map
在这个例子中,她拿起手机,在准备食物时
food preparation at the kitchen island to a particular
在岛式厨房上指定位置映射出阳光
location of sunlight. An algorithm will keep it in that location
会有一个算法能记住这个映射位置
as long as she's engaged in that activity.
只要她还在这个活动的过程中
This can be combined with LED lighting as well.
这也能和LED照明结合起来
We think workplaces should be shared.
我们认为工作场所也应该共享
I mean, this is really the workplace of the future, I think.
我意思是,我觉得这真的就是未来的工作场所
This is Starbucks, you know.
其实,这是星巴克。
Maybe a third.And you see everybody has their back
或许三分之一——你可以看到每个人
to the wall and they have food and coffee down the way
都背靠着墙,桌上有食物和咖啡
and they're in their own little personal bubble.
他们都融入到自己的小私人空间里
We need shared spaces for interaction and collaboration.
我们需要共享的空间进行互动和合作
We're not doing a very good job with that.
这方面,我们做得不是很好
At the Cambridge Innovation Center, you can have
在剑桥创新中心
shared desks. I've spent a lot of time in Finland
有能共享的桌子。我曾在芬兰阿尔托大学
at the design factory of Aalto University,
的设计工厂待过很长时间
where the they have a shared shop and shared Fablab,
那儿有共享的商店和私人实验室
shared quiet spaces,
共享安静的环境
electronics spaces,
电子设备环境
recreation places.
休闲场地
We think ultimately all of this stuff can come together,
我们相信这些最终都会结合在一起
a new model for mobility, a new model for housing,
成为新型的流动方式,新型的住宅方式
a new model for how we live and work,
新型的生活工作方式
a path to market for advanced technologies,
也为高科技市场打开门道
but in the end the main thing we need to focus on
但最终我们需要关注的
are people. Cities are all about people.
是人类。城市和人类是分不开的
They're places for people.
他们是人类的住所
There's no reason why we can't dramatically improve
所以没有理由不去大力提升
the livability and creativity of cities like they've done
城市的宜居性和创意性
in Melbourne with the laneways while
就像在墨尔本的巷道一样
at the same time dramatically reducing CO2 and energy.
同时也大规模地降低了CO2排放量和能源使用量
It's a global imperative. We have to get this right.
这个全球性问题迫在眉睫,刻不容缓
Thank you.
谢谢。