So can you start by telling us sort of the beginning how you first learnt about the trial?
首先 你能不能给我们讲讲你一开始是如何知道这个临床试验的?
What the process was that you want to understand?
哪些试验步骤是你希望了解到?
What would be involved?
这中间又涉及到哪些问题?
Hi, everyone
大家好
Well, I didn't really have a chance to really be the first person to learn about the trial
一开始听说这个试验的人并不是我
When I was in the ICU
我当时还在重症监护室
I had had injuries so I didn't really know what was going on
我之前受了伤所以我也不清楚到底是怎么回事
I was very coherent and so my parents first learnt about the trial and I think they had misconception of thing
当时还不清醒 首先听说这个试验的是我的父母我觉得他们当时理解错了
that was actual therapy and that I would have these stem cells injected and I get up and start walking
觉得这是一种治疗方法我接受了干细胞注射之后就能站起来走路了
So once I came to
所以当我苏醒过来时
I said a week later, post-injury the first thing that I was told was that
也就是受伤后两周之后我听到的第一件事是
oh, hey, so there's a trial and you're gonna participate in it and you know, they're gonna fix you
有一个临床试验你得参加然后他们可以治愈你
So that was the first thing that I heard
所以我一开始听到的就是这个
Then, as I sort of came out of that drug haze that I was in
后来 我从药物的麻痹状态清醒过来之后
I got to speak to Dr. McKenna and the other doctors at my rehab at the Santa Clara Valley
我和圣塔克莱尔谷康复中心的麦克凯纳医生还有其他医生谈过之后才知道
That's when I learnt that it is not... this isn't...this isn't the therapy
我当时才了解到这并不是什么治疗方法
This is just a Phase One trial that's aiming at seeing if there is any adverse effect
只是第一阶段的临床试验目的在于看注射干细胞后是否会产生不良反应
That was all over disappointing since I had first been told that this is the cure but I just sort of had to really wrap my head around it
当时我觉得很失望因为一开始别人告诉我这是一种治疗方法结果现在我必须调整心态
and decide whether I wanted to participate in something that wouldn't benefit me
决定是否参加这个项目而这个项目对我没什么好处