实习,Internship, 是从学校迈向职场的跨越,也是从旧环境到新工作的提前融入。到达实习单位的第一天是最令人兴奋也是最紧张的,要和陌生的同事认识,要和老板见面,要带领自己尽快适应实习工作环境,实习的新鲜感总是给人留下难忘的印象
Dialogue 2:
(The top dog, Mrs. Zhang , introduces herself to the new intern, Xiao Gao)
(公司老板张女士在向新来的实习生小高介绍自己)
Mrs. Zhang: Hi, Xiao Gao,welcome to the company and congratulations,you beat out 6 other candidates for the position.
张女士:嗨,小高,欢迎加入公司。要恭喜你打败了6个其他的竞争者才得到这个职位。
Xiao Gao: That's great! Could I know what made you decide I was the right person?
小高:哇,真的吗,我能知道是什么让你们选择了我吗?
Mrs. Zhang: Well, I think the clincher was your references,your last employer was over the moon about your work habits.
张女士:嗯,我想让我们选择你的决定性因素是你的推荐信,你上一个雇主高度赞赏你的工作表现。
Xiao Gao: Oh, yeah, Mr.Dodds, he was a super boss to work for, I gave the position my all.
小高:哦,道兹先生,他是一个非常好的老板,我为了做好我的工作尽了一切努力。
Mrs. Zhang: Well, I hopeyou'll be able to find a home here with us, there's nothing but open road between you and your goals.
张女士:嗯,我希望你在这里也能找到家的感觉,我们有很多机会提供给你让你实现你的梦想。
Xiao Gao: Thanks, Mrs.Zhang, I appreciate the support, this is a hugeleap for me, totally uncharted territory.
小高:谢谢张女士,我非常感谢您的支持,这份工作对我来说是一个很大的飞跃,也是一个完全崭新的领域。
Mrs. Zhang: Have faith, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'd like you to sit in on some training seminars during your first week here. Jingjing will be there every step of the way.
张女士:给自己点儿信心,没有冒险哪来的收获?我希望你在第一周能参加一些培训会,有什么问题京晶会随时帮助你的。
Xiao Gao: I just want to express my gratitude once again, I consider myself very fortunate to be workingf or an industry leader.
小高:再次感谢您,能在这样一个在行业里处于领先地位的公司里工作,我感到非常幸运。
Mrs. Zhang: Sounds good, welcome aboard!
张女士:非常好,欢迎加入。
习语短语
1. beat out = 打败,获胜
2. clincher = 决定因素
3. over the moon = 大加赞扬
4. my all = 尽一切努力
5. open road = 机会
6. huge leap = 巨大的进步,巨大的飞跃
7. uncharted territory = 崭新的领域,新的经历
8. Nothing ventured, nothinggained. = 没有冒险何来成功,没有付出何来收获。
9. every step of the way = 每一步,从头到尾
10. industry leader = 行业中的领袖
11. Welcome aboard! = 欢迎加入!