Dialogue 2:
(The manager takes her offending employee,Mr. Gao, to her office to share the complaint)
(经理带着她被投诉的员工高先生到她的办公室谈话)
Jingjing: Alright, Mr. Gao, do you know why you're here?
京晶:高先生,你知道为什么我要找你谈话吗?
Mr Gao: I'm guessing it has something to do with the man you were just speakingwith.
小高:我猜和那个刚才和您说话的先生有关系。
Jingjing: Mr. Gao, you're not getting any brownie points with your salesmanship.
京晶:高先生,我叫你来恐怕并不是要褒奖你的工作表现的。
Mr Gao: Boss, I gotta tell you he was one tough cookie.
小高:老板,我得告诉您,那个顾客非常难搞。
Jingjing: I don't care if he was hard as rock, you know the golden rulein retail.
京晶:我不管他是不是像石头一样坚硬难搞,你很清楚零售业的黄金原则就是顾客永远是上帝。
Mr Gao: I know… the job's not rocket science… I don't know… Maybe I justdon't have it in me.
小高:我知道……这个工作并不复杂,只是……我可能还不知道遇到这种情况该怎么办。
Jingjing: I'm starting to feel the same way. When you've got adifficult customer, you just have to bite the bullet and close the deal.
京晶:我也这么感觉,我的建议是,当你遇到一个难搞的顾客时,你不得不咬紧牙关坚持下去。
Mr Gao: I'm trying Ma'am, I really am.
小高:我正在努力,老板,我真的在努力。
Jingjing: I'm going to give you two weeks to get your act together, ifyou can't do that then I'm going to hand you your walking papers. Are we clear?
京晶:我会给你两周的时间来提高你的工作表现。如果到那个时候你还是做不到的话,我就只能把你辞退了,明白了吗?
Mr Gao: Crystal clear.
小高:非常明白。
习语短语
1. brownie points = 褒奖,奖赏
2. tough cookie = 难搞的顾客
3. the golden rule = 黄金准则,这里指顾客就是上帝
4. rocket science = (像研究火箭一样)复杂的事情
5. Don't have it in me. = 我没想要怎么做。
6. bite the bullet = 咬住子弹,指咬紧牙关承受后果
7. Get your act together. = 提高你的工作表现。
8. walking papers = 辞退信
9. crystal clear = 非常明白
n. 雇员