The "But He's Very Important" Excuse
“但是他非常有名望”的借口
Dear Greg,
亲爱的格雷格,
You're dumb. A guy who I'm going out with (who I asked out, Greg, by the way) is totally important and totally busy.
你是个傻瓜。一个和我拍拖的人(顺便说一句,是我约他出去的,格雷戈)很有名望,十分忙碌。
He's a music video director and travels and has long shoots and lots and lots of responsibilities.
他是一个MV导演,经常出行并有长片要拍,责任重大。
Sometimes when he's working, I don't hear from him for days and days.
有时当他在工作的时候,我会很多天听不到他的消息。
He's really busy, Greg! Some guys are just really, really busy! Don't you ever have really, really busy days?
他真的很忙,格雷戈!有些人真的,真的很忙!难道你没有真的很忙很忙的时候吗?
I've learned to live with it and not give him any shit, because I know that's the price I pay for going out with someone really successful and hot and busy.
我学会了忍受,不去在意他,因为我知道这是和成功的性感忙人约会的代价。
Why are you telling these women to be so needy? !
你为什么要让这些女人变得如此急色?!
Sighed Nikki
尼基
Dear Nikki,
亲爱的尼基,
Good to hear from you again. Well, not really.
很高兴再听到你的消息。好吧,才怪。
Listen, Nikki. Really busy is another way to say "just not that into you."
听着,尼基,真的很忙是“只是不那么喜欢你”的另一种说法。
Totally important is another way to say, "you're unimportant."
十分有地位是“你不重要。”的另一种说法。
How great that you've “landed” someone that even you think is out of your league.
你把甚至自己都认为配不上的人搞定是多么棒啊。
Too busy and important to ask you out or call you—what a catch.
太忙太有名望以至于无法约你出去或给你打电话——真是绝了。
Congratulations on your quasi-relationship!
恭贺你获得了类似爱情!
It must feel amazing to know that you've been programmed into the super hot and important busy guy's cell phone, even if he never uses it to call you.
知道你的号码已经被输入了超级性感和有名望的忙人的手机,即使他从来没有用它来打电话给你,你一定会感到惊喜极了。
You must be the envy of every woman he's really dating.
你一定会把他正在真正约会的女人嫉妒死的。
Annoyed, Greg
气愤的格雷格
I'm about to make a wild, extreme, and severe relationship rule: The word "busy" is a load of crap and is most often used by assholes.
我要制定一个放肆、极端和严苛的关系规则:“忙”是废话,是混蛋们最常使用的借口。
The word "busy" is the relationship Weapon of Mass Destruction.
“忙”这个词是恋爱关系的大规模杀伤性武器。
It seems like a good excuse, but in fact, in every silo you uncover, all you're going to find is a man who didn't care enough to call.
这似乎是一个很好的借口,但事实上在每一个你没打开的筒仓,你会发现一个对你的关心程度还不够打电话的男人。
Remember: Men are never too busy to get what they want.
记住:男人永远不会忙到没空去获取他们想要的东西。