马克:是谁打来的电话?
Carla:It was your mother-again.
卡拉:又是你妈妈打来的啦。
She wanted to give me another piece of unsolicited advice about housekeeping.
她想给我关于家务另一个未经请求的建议。
She's called five times this week already.
她本周已经打来5次了。
Marc:She's just trying to be helpful.
马克:她只是想要帮忙。
Carla:I wish she'd do it without being so critical.
卡拉:我希望她不要这么苛刻。
I feel like she enjoys finding fault with everything I do.
我所做的一切,我觉得她都喜欢从中找茬。
Marc:She's a little overeager to help, that's all.
马克:她有点过于热心,仅此而已。
Don't think of it as her interfering.
不要认为她想要介入。
Think of it as her giving you support.
你就当这是她对你的支持。
She isn't like your mother.
她可和你母亲不一样。
Carla:What do you mean?
卡拉:你什么意思?
Marc:What do I mean?! She's constantly giving me advice on how to be a better husband.
马克:我什么意思? !你母亲经常打电话给我教我如何当个好丈夫。
Carla:Well, we just got married and she wants our marriage to be the best it can be.
卡拉:嗯,我们才刚刚结婚,她希望我们是最好的婚姻。
Marc:I know, but your mother has a really sharp tongue and she doesn't hold back.
马克:我知道,但你的母亲很尖刻,而且绝不退缩。
She butts in whenever I'm trying to do something to tell me how to do it better.
每当我想做点什么的时候,她就冒出来告诉如何才能做得更好。
Carla:Just like your mother, she's only trying to help.
卡拉:就像你的母亲一样,她只是想要帮忙。
Marc:With her constant sarcastic comments?
马克:她那不断讽刺的言语能帮什么忙?
Carla:That's just her sense of humor.
卡拉:这是她的幽默之处。
She doesn't mean anything by it. She likes you.
她没有任何意义的。她喜欢你。
Marc:She has a strange way of showing it.
马克:她只是通过奇怪的方式展现出来。
Carla:All of this talk about mothers-in-law is getting our blood up.
卡拉:谈论这两个人会让我们不和的。
At this rate, we won't be able to follow the best piece of marriage advice we've received so far.
按照这样的节奏,到目前为止我们肯定不会收到最好的婚姻建议。
Marc:Which was?
马克:是哪一个呢?
Carla:Don't go to bed angry.
卡拉:可别带着脾气睡觉啊。
Marc:Who's angry?
马克:谁生气呢?