Hang on.These are crowberries here, look.Oh,these are reindeer dropings.
等等 看 这里也长有岩高兰浆果 这有驯鹿的粪便
Look, see, look.Masses of it. This look pretty fresh.Look, this is reindeer track.
你们看 一大堆 还挺新鲜 看 这是驯鹿的足迹
You can really see the hoof marks all the way along.
沿途能看见一路都是驯鹿的蹄印
There you go -- droppings. And here.Okay, let's definitely follow this.
看 粪便 还有那里 好 我们跟着这个走
Thousands of years ago,Sami tribespeople moved into this remote wilderness to hunt wild reindeer.
几千年前 萨米人为了猎捕驯鹿来到了这个蛮荒之地
Small groups still hunt these lands,but the chances of seeing them is close to zero.
至今 还有少数部落扔在此猎捕驯鹿 但是能看见这些萨米人的机会微乎其微
their range is the size of North Carolina.
因为这里足有北卡罗莱纳州那么大
Come down, come down.Get on your belly, get on your belly.
来 过来 趴下 趴下
There are reindeer over here. A bit closer.That's be vast.At least 50 there.
有驯鹿 再靠近点儿 好大一群 至少有50只
Actually, though, the sun's behind us,which is gonna work in our favor.
事实上 现在我们背光 这对我们有利
It means they're gonna be blinded looking this way.
这意味着驯鹿从那边看不见我们
But we've also got the wind at our back, which is bad.
但是 我们处在顺风方向 这就不太好了
It's blowing our scent straight across the valley.
我们的味道会顺着风吹过去
Back away.The sami have allowed me to kill an animal from this wild herd.
后退一点 我已经得到萨米人的允许 可以猎杀一只野生驯鹿
I need to drop out of sight before they spook.
我得在它们受到惊吓前 不让他们发现我
They've got every survival advantage.
它们有很多生存的优势
Wide hooves they're like snowshoes moving on the snow and very fast.
宽大的蹄子就像穿了雪靴一样 能够在雪地快速活动
But what I've got is a bigger brain than them,
但是我可比它们聪明多了
and that's why I'm gonna try and use that to set a bit of a snare here.
我要好好利用这一点 在这儿设个陷阱