Maintain this speed, and I'll be across in 20 minutes and reach the other side before it goes dark.
按这个速度 不等天黑 我20分钟内就能到对岸了
Okay, getting quite close towards the shoreline now.
好了 我接近河岸了
Nice work.Much nicer than I ever imagined it would,you know, really nice,steady breeze.
太好了 进展比我想象中的 要好多了 真的很不错 风力稳定
But there's no brake on this thing.The only way to stop is to take a dive.
但是我的降落伞没有刹车 要停下来就只能靠俯冲了
It's getting darker now.This wouldn't be a bad place to make a bit of camp.
天色更暗了 在这里野营 应该不错
I'm amongst the trees, so I've got firewood.
我周围都是树 这样就有木头生火了
I'm also I'm a little bit higher than the actual lake,
这里地势也比实际湖面略高
where all the cold air is gonna sink down to.Get this down.Okay, time to start digging.
冷空气会下沉到那边去 把这个放下来 好了 要开挖了
What I want to do is just dig a snow trench.
我想挖一个雪沟
It's really more like a coffin.When the sun drops, temperatures can plummet, and dramatically.
其实它更像个雪棺材 太阳下山后 气温会大幅骤降
Branches and snow on top will insulate you against the worst of that,
树枝和雪会把你和外界的恶劣气候隔绝开
and help you survive the night.The last thing I'll need -- you see this?
这样帮你挨过夜晚 我需要的最后一样东西 看到了吗
It's like a gutter where all the cold air in the shelter will run down here.
它像一个水槽 所有遮蔽渠里的冷空气都会下沉到这里
It actually makes a massive difference.Eskimo's supplement their diet with fish.
它能起到的作用很大 爱斯基摩人以鱼果腹
I'm gonna try my luck in this lake,if I can get to it.if I can get to it.
如果能打穿冰面 我也想碰碰运气 看能否抓到鱼 希望能捕到鱼
Most of the ice on this lake is gonna be super-thick, at least a meter,but I'm quite near this outflow.
这里大部分的冰 都非常厚重 至少有一米厚 但我离这片水面很近
The ice is gonna be thinner, I should be able to get through.
这里就会薄一些 应该能凿穿