A Cheap Meal
一顿便宜的饭
A man went into a restaurant and sat down at one of the tables.
一个男人走近一家餐厅在一张桌前坐下来。
A waiter went up to him and gave him the menu.
一个服务员走过来,把菜单地给了他。
The man read it carefully,
这个人仔细地看着,
then ordered all of the most expensive dishes.
然后点了所有最贵的菜。
The waiter served the meal and the man ate it with great enjoyment.
服务员端来了菜,他高兴地享用着。
Then a small boy came into the restaurant and sat at the man's table.
过了一会儿,一个小男孩来到餐厅,坐在这个人的桌前。
The waiter came up and said to the man,"What would your little boy like,sir"
服务员走过来问这个人"您的小孩想要点什么,先生?"
"Oh,just an ice cream," the man told him.
"哦,就来个冰淇淋吧。"那人告诉他。
Then he stood up and said to the waiter,"I'm just going out to buy a newspaper."
然后那人站起来对服务员说:"我出去买一份报纸。"
He left the restau- rant.The waiter gave the boy an ice cream
他走出餐厅,服务员给男孩拿来了冰淇淋。
The boy ate it,and then stood up and walked to the door.
男孩吃完后,站起来向门口走去。
The waiter ran towards him.
服务员向他跑来,
"Excuse me,"he said,"but your father hasn't come back
"请原谅,"他说,"你的父亲还没有回来,
and he hasn't paid for his meal or for your ice cream."
而且他还没有为你的饭和你的冰淇淋买单。"
"I'm sorry,"the young boy said,"that has nothing to do with me."
"对不起,"小男孩说,"这和我没关系。"
"Oh,yes it does," the waiter said,
"哦,不,"服务员说,
"you will stay here until your father comes back and pays his bill."
"你应该等到你父亲回来付完钱。"
"He's not my father" the boy said."I don't know who he is."
"他不是我的父亲。"男孩说,"我不知道他是谁。"
The waiter did not understand."What do you mean?"he asked.
服务员不明白,问道:"那你是什么意思?"
"The man came up to me in the street," the boy said.
"我在街上遇见这人,"男孩说,
"He asked me if I liked ice cream.I told him I did.
他问我是否喜欢冰淇淋。我告诉他我喜欢。
Then he told me to come into the restaurant at 2 o'clock
然后他让我在两点钟的时候来餐厅找他,
and sit down at his table.He said he'd give me some."
坐在他的餐桌旁,他说他会给我买一些。"