Uh, before I jump into today's lecture, I wanted to answer a few questions.
在今天的课程开始之前,我想回答几个问题
People emailed me saying they had questions about the last lecture they ran out of time for.
有人给我发邮件说他们对上节课的内容有疑问,他们当时没时间问
So if you have a question about what we covered last time um,
所以如果你们对上节课有什么问题的话
I am welcome to answer it now starting with you.
我很高兴回答,就从你开始吧
Can you use the mic feed?
你能用麦克风吗?
Uh, it should be on.
它应该是打开的
Can you not hear me?
听得见我说话吗?
No?
不能?
Maybe you can ask them to turn on.
可以叫工作人员打开
Ah, hopefully it will come on.
希望它能用
Anybody else? Yes?
还有人吗?好的
Ah, so one question that was submitted online was um,
线上提交的一个问题是
how do I identify if a market has a fast growth rate now, and also for the next ten years.
如果一个市场现在增长迅速,我怎样才能辨别它在接下来的十年仍然增长迅速
All right, so the question is how you identify markets that are growing quickly.
好的,你的问题是你如何辨别增长迅速的市场
Um, the good news about this is this is one of the big advantages students have.
对此,有一个好消息就是这是学生的优势之一
Um, you should just trust your instincts on this.
你直接相信自己的直觉就行
Um, older people have to basically guess about the technologies that are sort of,
年龄大的人一般都认为科技是某种
that young people are using, right?
年轻人的玩意儿,是吧
Because young people get older and they become the dominant market.
因为年轻人变老,然后主宰市场
Um, but you can just watch what you're doing, what your friends are doing.
但你可以就看看自己在做什么,你的朋友们在做什么
And um, you will almost certainly have better instincts on fast-growing markets than anybody older than you.
这样,你自然就会比那些年长于你的人,更能辨别增长迅速的市场
And so the answer to this is just trust your instincts.
所以答案就是相信你的直觉
Think about what you're using more, think about what you're using,
想想你用的多的东西,想想你正在使用的东西
what you're seeing people your age begin to start using.
以及你的同龄人开始用的东西
Um, that will almost certainly be the future.
这些很有可能就会是未来的主导产品
Maybe I can do one more question on the last lecture before we start.
在我们开始之前我还可以再回答一个问题
Um, this isn't really last lecture, but another online is,
我的问题不是关于上节课的,是一个网上的问题
how do you deal with burnout while still being effective and remaining effective?
你怎样应对由过度工作引起的身心疲劳,同时仍然保持高效率呢?
Yeah. Sure.
好的
Um, so the question is how you deal with burnout as a founder.
作为一个创立人如何处理由过度工作引起的身心疲劳
Uh,this,the answer to this is just that it sucks and you keep going
我的答案就是,这种情况的确很糟糕,你还是得继续工作
Um, unlike a student, where you can sort of throw up your hands and say, you know what, I'm really burned out.
不像学生,学生可以举手承认,说自己真的身心俱疲了
I'm just gonna like get bad grades this quarter.
我这学期得挂了
Uh, one of the hard parts about running a start up is that it's real life.
创业最困难的一个部分就是它是真实的生活
And um, you just have to get through it.
你只能熬过去
Uh, the canonical advice is like go on vacation or whatever.
对普通人的建议是去度度假之类的
Um, that never works for founders.
但对创业者来说这并不管用
It's sort of all consuming in this way.
度假没有什么效果
It's very difficult to understand.
很难理解
So what you do is you just keep going.
因此你能做的就是继续
Um, you rely on people uh, it's like really important.
他人的支持对你很重要
And founder depression is this serious thing.
创业者抑郁是很严重的事情
And you need to have a support network.
你需要一个支持网络
Um, but the way through burnout is just to address the challenges,
但度过身心俱疲的方法就是面对挑战
address the things that are going wrong, and you'll eventually feel better.
纠正问题,最终你就会感觉好得多
All right, so, last week we, or last lecture we covered the idea and the product,
好的,上周,或者说上节课我们讲到创意和产品
um, and I want to just emphasize that if you don't get those right,
我得强调一下,如果这两点做不好
none of the rest of this going to save you.
剩下的内容救不了你