Our first mum told us she had a history of seventies cordon bleu entertaining in the family, a perfect place to start looking for fun show off dishes.
我们要拜访的这位妈妈说他们曾在70年代办过蓝带晚宴,看来非常适合作为开始我们炫耀餐点的第一站
Well, this looks like it.What's she called?She's called Tessa. There she is.
到了!她叫啥来着?特蕾莎,她来了。
Rural England at its finest.
典型的英国乡村,太美了
Thanks for coming.Hello. I'm Tessa. Hello Tessa, pleased to meet you.My mother, Scout's grandmother... .Hi. And this is Scout.Hello, Scout.
欢迎 我是特蕾莎 很高兴见到你 我的妈妈。嗨。这是斯考特。嗨
Has your mother taught you everything you know?
妈妈教了你很多东西吗?
Nearly everything.
几乎教了所有
Would you like to try some stuff and help out?
来吧,帮个忙
Thank you. Thanks very much.
好的,谢谢
Tessa remembers her mother Maggie hosting cordon bleu dinner parties and now by teaching her daughter Scout how to cook Tessa's rediscovering the magic contained in the family cook book.
特蕾莎还记得她妈妈主持蓝带晚宴并且教她的女儿如何做在家庭食谱里面发现的菜肴
This is what we're after.
这就是我们来访目的
The history.
宝贵的历史
The history.
宝贵的历史
Now look at this, look at the state of this book. Modern Cookery.
看看书的封面,现代厨艺
So who wrote that?
谁写的这本书?
I think that's my aunt. Yes.As in great aunt.
我的姑姑 曾姑姑
Eunice, Christmas 1948.
1948年圣诞节。
There's history, there's life here.
这是历史,记录着生活
Do you know what is lovely?This is the proverbial rifling through your recipe drawers. Yeah.
这是你在抽屉寻宝发现的?太棒了!
Coconut fudge, smack cake.
椰子软糖,海扁蛋糕
I haven't tried that one.
我还没有试过
There it is, Coronation Chicken.
加冕鸡肉
Ah brilliant.
太棒了
Before we arrived Tessa and Scout rifled through their cookbooks and whipped up a couple of cordon bleu classics,Gateau Diane and Coronation Chicken.
在我们来之前,她和斯考特就做了一些经典蓝带菜肴,比如戴安奶油蛋糕,加冕鸡肉。
This recipe was created by Constance Spry for the banquet on Queen Elizabeth II's coronation day.350 people dined on the Poulet Reine Elizabeth.
这是卡斯坦发明的食谱,为了伊丽莎白二世加冕典礼的宴会。350个人享用了这道菜
Everyone does always laugh about Coronation Chicken as it is a cliche but actually everyone's really happy about having it.
每个人都嘲笑这道菜但都很喜欢吃
What dish is your big show off dish you're going to show us?
那你今天所要展示的最好的炫耀餐点是什么呢?
An even more ubiquitous one which is the Baked Alaska.
是更加普遍的火焰雪山
Oh, well that's dangerous. A lot of people are scared of Baked Alaska.I am. Ice cream in the oven - stupid.
很危险。很多人很怕这道菜,我就是的,我觉得冰淇淋放在烤箱里很愚蠢
Yeah it's weird isn't it? Yes.
很奇怪是吧?
But we're not going to do it in the oven.
我们不用烤箱
Aren't we? No?What do you mean? In a frying pan?
啥意思?用煎锅?
No, we're going to do it with a blow torch.So we're not going near an oven.
我们用喷灯
I like you. Shall we have a go at making the Baked Alaska? Yeah.
开始做菜吧!好的!