手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第31期:关于执行

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

If you have to choose between hiring a suboptimal employee

如果你必须在一名次优的员工
and losing your customers to your competitor what do you do?
和顾客被对手抢走之间做选择,你会怎样做?
Um, if it would be one of the first five, say employees of the company.
如果是公司最先招的五个人中的一个
Uh, I would lose those customers.
我会选择后者
Um, I just, I think the damage that it does to the company.
我认为招到平庸之辈对公司造成的伤害非常大
Um, you, you know, you don't wanna, it's better to lose some customers than kill the company.
你并不想--比起让公司倒闭,失去顾客要好一些
Um, later on I might have a slightly different opinion,
我也不是非常确定
but it's really hard to say in the general case.
但在一般情况下真的很难说
How about one more question, and I'll keep going, yes?
最后一个问题,之后我会继续,请讲
Uh, what's your experience with cofounders who aren't working uh, in the same location?
对于和自己不在同一个地方的合伙人,你的经验是什么呢?
I'm gonna get to that later.
我会在之后谈到这一点
The question is what about cofounders that are not working in the same location.
问题是如何考虑没有在一起工作的合伙人
Um, don't do it.
千万不要这样做
I am skeptical of remote teams in general.
通常我对远距离团队是怀疑的
But in the early days of a startup where communication and speed outweigh everything else.
在创业的早期,沟通和速度是最重要的
Um, for whatever reason, video conferencing or calls just don't work that well.
不管是什么原因,视频会议或电话会议的效果都不是太好
The data on this is look at the say, like,
这方面的数据表明
30 most successful software startups of all time.
最成功的30个软件公司都是一直面对面沟通的
And try to point to a single example where the cofounders were in different locations.
很难相处一个异地合伙人的成功例子
It's really, really tough.
真的很困难
Um, all right. We'll skip a little bit of this.
好的,我们跳过这一点部分

创业与企业发展

All right. So, now we're gonna talk about execution.

好的,现在我们谈谈执行
Um, execution for most founders is not the more fun part of starting a company.
对大多数创业者而言,执行不是创建公司中特别有意思的一部分
But it is often the most critical.
但它通常是最关键的
Um, most people that start a company think that they are signing up to have this brilliant idea.
创业的大多数人认为他们有了不错的想法,签个合同
And, you know, then they're just going to be, like, be on magazine covers and go to parties.
之后,他们只要去,比如,成为杂志封面人物,参加聚会就可以了
But really what it's about more than anything else, what, what being a founder means is,
但成为一名创业者意味着更多的是--
is signing up for this year's long grind on execution, and you can't outsource this.
签字意味着你要保证一年年地坚定地执行,不能把工作外包
Um, the way to have a company that executes well is to execute well yourself.
要想拥有一家具有执行力的公司,你自己就得是一个说到做到的人
Everything in startup gets modeled after the founders.
创业公司的每件事,都以创业者为范本
Whatever the founders do becomes the culture.
创业者所作所为即成为公司文化
So if you want a culture where people work hard and
所以如果你想要创建一个努力工作
pay attention to detail and focus on the customer and are frugal um,
关注细节,注重客户,勤俭节约的文化
you have to do it yourself there is no other way.
你就要身体力行,除此之外别无他法
You cannot hire a COO and have them, you know, do this while you go off to conferences.
你不能雇佣一位COO来做这些,自己只是开开会
The company just needs to see you as like this maniacal execution machine.
公司需要你成为疯狂的执行机器
As I said in the first lecture,
正如我在第一节课中说过的
there's like a hundred times at least more people with great ideas.
拥有好主意的人很多
Than people that are willing to put in the effort, um, to execute them well.
但愿意付出努力把想法付诸实践的人很少
Ideas by themselves are not worth anything.
这样的人,他们的想法一文不值
Only executing well is what, what adds value, or what creates value.
只有把想法付诸实践,才能增加价值或者是创造价值
A big part of execution is just putting in the effort.
执行的很大一部分就是付诸实践

重点单词   查看全部解释    
skeptical ['skeptikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 怀疑的

联想记忆
execute ['eksikju:t]

想一想再看

vt. 执行,处决,实行,完成
[计算机] 执

 
brilliant ['briljənt]

想一想再看

adj. 卓越的,光辉的,灿烂的
n. 宝石

联想记忆
maniacal [mə'naiəkəl]

想一想再看

adj. 发狂的,狂乱的,狂热的 =maniac

 
skip [skip]

想一想再看

v. 跳过,略过,遗漏
n. 跳跃,跳读

 
frugal ['fru:gəl]

想一想再看

adj. 节俭的

 
remote [ri'məut]

想一想再看

adj. 偏僻的,遥远的,远程的,(感情等)距离很大

联想记忆
grind [graind]

想一想再看

vt. 磨,碾碎,挤压,压迫
vi. 磨得吱吱

 
critical ['kritikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 批评的,决定性的,危险的,挑剔的
a

 
slightly ['slaitli]

想一想再看

adv. 些微地,苗条地

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。