手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 公正(第3级) > 正文

公正(MP3+中英字幕) 第4期:炸弹(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:ivy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Jane's father was the most important person in the world to her.

对于简来讲,父亲是世界上最重要的人。
When he was a soldier, she had travelled around the world With him.
在他当兵的时候简就跟着他周游世界。
He had taught her to climb mountains, win judo fights, ride horses, sail boats一he was a great father.
他教她爬山、柔道、骑马、扬帆开船-他是个了不起的父亲。
Now, she thought, he may be dead.
现在,她想,他可能就要死了。
At midnight, a young Indian doctor came to see her.
午夜,一位年轻的印度医生来看她。
He was tired and serious. He looked at her sadly.
他看上去很疲劳也很严肃。
"It's bad news, isn't it?" Jane said."Is he dead?"
他悲伤地看着简。"是坏消息,对吗?"简问,"他死了?"
"No, Miss Cole,"the doctor said."We have saved your father's life. But I am afraid..."He hesitated.
"不,科尔小姐。"医生说,"我们已经救活了你父亲。但恐怕……"他犹像道。
Yes? What then? Please-tell me!
嗯?怎么样呢?劳驾-请告诉我吧!
I am afraid he has lost his leg. It was too badly broken - we had to cut it off.
恐怕他的腿保不住了。伤得太厉害-我们不得不锯掉它。
"Oh my God!"Jane sat down suddenly."You cut his leg off!"
"噢,天啊!"简一下坐在椅子上。"你们锯了他的腿!"
She stared at the doctor and thought:Dad will never be able to climb or ride or sail again.
她盯着医生想:爸爸再也不能爬山,再也不能骑马,再也不能扬帆开船了。
Oh, poor man! It's worse than being dead! She began to cry.
噢,可怜的人!这比死了还难受!她哭了起来。
"I"m very sorry, miss,"the doctor said." We had to do it, to save his life.
"实在对不起,小姐。"医生说,"为了救他的命,我们不得不这样做。
He'll get an artificial leg. He'll learn to use it. At least he's alive...
他会安条假腿。他会学会用它的。至少他还活着……
"Yes, I suppose so."Jane looked up."I'm sorry, doctor. I'm sure you did your best. Can I see him now?"
是的,我想是这样的。"简抬起头。"对不起,大夫。我确信你们已经尽力了。我现在能看看他吗?"
"Yes, of course. The nurse will show you..."
"当然可以。护士会带你去……"
In the hospital bed, Alan Cole lay quietly.
病床上,阿兰?科尔静静地躺着。
His face was as white as the sheets on the bed, but when Jane came in, he opened his eyes slowly.
他的脸就像床单一样惨白。但当简进来时,他慢慢睁开双眼。
Jane took one of his hands in hers. The hand was cold, like ice.
简拉起爸爸的一只手。那手冰凉冰凉的。
Janie? Are you all right?
简妮?你没事儿吧?
Me? I'm fine, Dad. And you"re going to be OK too, aren't you? The doctor told me.
"我?我很好,爸爸。您也会好起来的,不是吗?医生告诉过我的。"
He closed his eyes, and for a long time he didn't answer. Perhaps he's asleep again, Jane thought.
他闭上眼睛,好长时间没有回话。也许他又睡着了,简想。
Then, very quietly, Alan Cole said, "stay with me, Janie."
接着,阿兰·科尔静静地说:"陪着我,筒妮。"
"Of course, Dad. I'm not going anywhere."Jane sat down on a chair beside the bed." You sleep now."
"当然,爸爸。我哪儿也不去。"简坐在床边的一把椅子上。"您睡会儿吧。"


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。