Why is it that everything around here is either spiky,sharp, or out to kill you?
为何这里的每一样东西不是多刺 尖锐 就是想要你的命
And people often say that snakes taste like chicken.But you know what?These don't.
人们总说蛇肉的口感类似鸡肉 但事实是 他们说错了
It's more like flame-grilled, sinewy, bone and skin.
这口感更像是 烧烤出来的肌腱 骨头和皮
It's a beautiful, still night.It's amazing, the silence out here.
这是一个美丽又平静的夜晚 这里的夜晚静悄悄 美妙极了
But I do need to pee,so I'm gonna try and aim it through the devil's walking stick.
但是人有三急 我要试着用从这些"魔鬼的手杖"之间尿出去
Okay.That's better.And they always say survival isn't pretty.
好了 这下好多了 人们总说求生不是一件体面的事情
I guess I know what they mean.Ugh, just try and get some sleep.
我想我体会到这句话的意思了 我要试着再睡一觉
I spent the night in a cave deep in the Chihuahuan desert, western Texas.
我在德克萨斯州西部 奇瓦瓦沙漠深处的小洞穴里渡过了一夜
With little or no rainfall for months on end,
由于这里连续几个月都没有降水 或只有少量降水
staying hydrated is the most critical element to survival
要在这块炎热的北美洲沙漠中求生
in this parched region in north America.
保持身体的水分至关重要
A lizard resting on the rocks will provide a quick burst of protein if you can catch it.
那只在岩石上休憩的蜥蜴 可以为人体提供蛋白质 只要你能抓得到它
Fast little fella,but, actually, if you just take the head off that
小家伙跑得真快 你应该把它的头去掉
and then squeeze the guts out,that's gonna be a good little munch on the way.
然后把内脏什么的挤出来 然后你就可以在路上慢慢嚼它了