手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 公正(第3级) > 正文

公正(MP3+中英字幕) 第10期:安娜(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:ivy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

She took the letter out of her pocket and looked at it.

她从口袋里掏出那封信并看了看。
I wonder what this Anna Barry is like, she thought. Perhaps she is nice, like Dad says.
我不知道这个安娜·芭瑞什么样,她想着。也许真像爸爸说的那样她的确很好。
Perhaps I could talk to her. Perhaps she really does love Dad; perhaps she can help me look after him.
也许我能对她谈谈。也许她真的爱爸爸;也许她可以帮我照顾爸爸。
But why hasn't she come to see him?
但是她为什么不来看爸爸呢?
She looked at the address again. l4 Bowater Gardens, London NEll.
她又看了一遍地址:堡握特花园14号,伦教NE11。
That wasn't far from her own student flat.
离她自己的学生公寓不太远。
Why not take the letter myself? she thought.
为什么不亲自送去呢?她想。
Then, if this Anna opens the door, I can talk to her myself.
那样,如果安娜出来开门,我就可以亲自服她说话了。
If I meet her, at least I'll find out what she's like.
要是我见着她,至少可以知道她是什么样子。
Jane put the letter in her bag and walked quickly to the underground station.
简把信放回包里,快速走向地铁站。
Am I full of anger, she wondered, or hope?
她问自己:我是满怀怨恨呢,还是满怀希望?
l4 Bowater Gardens was an old house in a quiet street in north London.
堡握特花园14号是伦敦北城的一条安静的街道上的一座老房子。
Jane took the letter out of her bag, and rang the bell. Nothing happened.
简掏出信,按了按门铃。可什么也没有发生。
Damn! she thought. She rang again. Still no answer.
该死!她想。她又按了一次。还是没有人。
She tried the door, but it was locked. So she put the letter through the letter box and turned away.
她试着推了推门,可门锁着。于是她把信塞进信箱,转身就走。
Then she stopped.
接着她又停了下来。
I've come all this way to meet this woman, Jane thought, and I want to know what she's like.
我来这儿就是为了见这个女人,简想,想知道她是什么样。
She's important to my father, so she's important to me. I'll wait.
她对我父亲很重要,所以对我很重要。我等着吧。
As she stood there, a woman came out of the next door house.
她正站在那儿时,从邻居家出来一位妇女。
She had grey hair and the kind of face that enjoys watching the neighbours and talking about them.
这位妇女长着灰色的头发和一张可以看出她爱打听邻居的事并议论他们的脸。
"They've gone;there's no use waiting," the woman said." I saw you ring the bell so I came to tell you."
"他们已经走了,你在这儿等没用。"那女人说,"我看见你在按门铃,所以来告诉你。"
"Are you sure?" Jane said." I was looking for Anna."
"你肯定吗?"简说,"我找安娜。"
"The girl with red hair? That's right, she did live here, but she moved out with her boyfriend two days ago.
"长着红头发的那个女孩?没错,她住过这儿,但两天前就和男朋友搬走了。
It was the morning of that terrible bomb — that's why I remember it.
就是爆炸那天早晨-所以我记得这事。
The house is empty now. I had a look through the windows, and they've taken everything"
现在屋子已经空了。我从窗子往里看过,他们把所有的东西都带走了。
Boyfriend! So Anna had another lover, Jane thought. Not just Dad. My poor, poor father!
男朋友!那么说安娜还有一个情人,简想,不止是我爸爸!我可怜的,可怜的爸爸!
"Did you know them well?" the woman asked.
"你和他们熟吗?"女人问。
"No, not really," Jane said." I just wanted to ……"
"不,真不熟。,简说,"我只是想……"
"They were only here about three months," the woman went on.
"他们才在这儿住了三个月左右,"那女人接着说,
They weren't very friendly? Never said good morning or anything like that.
"他们不太友好。从不说早晨好或那一类的话。
They were Irish, I think. Well, he was. There's a lot of Irish around here.
我想他们是爱尔兰人。对,那个男的是。这儿周围有很多爱尔兰人。"


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。