I'm in the forest of Alaska made my way off the glacier down some treacherous white waterfalls,and now I'm on the lookout for food.
我身在阿拉斯加丛林深处 从冰川中脱身后 涉过危险丛生的瀑布 现在我要开始寻找食物了
Kind of half hoping this river would be full of salmon heading upstream to spawn.
有点希望这条河中 能有很多要溯洄产卵的鲑鱼
Cause when they're running,this whole river would just be teeming.
因为它们一游动起来 这条河中可就美食多多了
They're racing up through the whitewater.The bears just pluck them up.
他们在激流中急速游窜 熊一把抓住它们
But not today,which means I need another way of finding something to eat.
但是今天不凑巧 我得另想一个办法 来找些吃的
And there might be other food sources nearby.The terrain is flattening out here,which means I'm nearing the coast.
附近应该会有其他可以吃的东西 这里的地形变得很平坦 这就意味着我快接近河岸了
Well, this is the point where all that glacial water runs down the river and then hits the coast.
在这里 冰川融水顺着河流至此处 并冲击河岸
This is good news.And, look, you see it's tidal here.
这是个好消息 看 这里有潮汐
Look across it, you can see the actual seaweed on the high-tide mark over there.
看对岸 你能看到 高水位线那里有水草
What I want to do is now follow this coastline and see where I get to. Come on, then.
我想做的是顺着河岸线走 去看看我能找到些什么 走吧
Alaska has more shoreline than all the other US states combined,
阿拉斯加有很长的海岸线 比美国其他州海岸线的总和还长
around 40,000 miles of it,so this could be a long walk.
大约有4万英里 所以我得走很长时间
But there should be plenty of opportunities to find some seafood.
但是也有更多机会找到一些海味
There are loads of these limpets here.See these guys?Little shells stuck to the rock.
这儿有很多帽贝 看到没 小帽贝吸附在岩石上
You can actually eat these raw.All you've got to do is knock them off.
完全可以放心地生吃 你要做的就是找块石头把它们敲下来
And what they do, they stick to the rock at low tide,and when the tide's in,
它们在退潮的时候吸附在岩石上 然后在涨潮的时候
they move around and they graze off all the algae.
它们趁势移动馋食各种藻类