Oh God!“You're the terrorists,aren't you?
噢,天啊!"你们是恐怖分子,是不是?"
she whispered.You did it,Anna.You put the bomb in the Queen's coach.
她低声说,"是你干的,安娜!是你把炸弹放到女王的马车里。
You exploded it with a camera.I saw you,outside Parliament.
你用一台照相机引爆了炸弹。我看见你了,就在国会外边。
You're terrorists一murdering terrorists,both of you!
你们是恐体分子-杀人的恐怖分子,你们俩全是!
Kev smiled coldly. Well,well .What a clever little girl! But you're wrong.
凯夫冷笑了一下。"对,对。真聪明的小姑娘!可你错了。
The police have arrested the terrorists.It was in.the newspapers this morning.
警察已经抓到了恐怖分子。今天早晨的报纸已经登了。
So? They're the wrong men,aren't they?
那又怎么样呢?他们不是,不是吗?
It was you two,I know it was!You killed five people,
你们俩才是,我知道!你们杀了五个人,
and took away my father's leg,and now two innocent men will go to prison for thirty years,for something you did.
夺去了我爸爸的一条腿,现在又要有两个无辜的人为了你们所做的一切去坐30年牢。
But you don't care.
可你们并不在乎。
Kev's eyes were suddenly full of hate.
凯夫的眼中忽然充满了仇恨。
Care? About what? We're fighting to free Ireland.If the British put the wrong people in prison,that's not our problem.
在乎?在乎什么?我们是为解放爱尔兰而战。要是英国人抓错了人,那可不是我们的问题。
We care about staying free.That's good for Ireland.
我们在乎自由。那是为了爱尔兰好。
Yes,and I suppose it's good for Ireland to use innocent people like my father一to make love to him just because you wanted to get into the Mews to put the bomb in the coach.
是啊,而且利用就像我父亲那样天真无辜的人,也是为了爱尔兰-你和我父亲好,
Did you enjoy that,Anna?
只是因为你想进马厩把炸弹放进马车里。你当时很喜欢吧,安娜?
Do you feel proud of it?
你是不是觉得很自豪?
Anna laughed,a strange,quiet,cruel laugh.Yes,of course I enjoyed it,little girl.
安娜笑起来,那是一种奇怪、悄然而又冷酷的笑。"是的,我当然很高兴,小姑娘。
And your father enjoyed it too.I made him happy.
而且你父亲也很喜欢。我使他高兴。
Happy! Jane said. You nearly killed him!
高兴?!"简说,"你差点儿杀了他!
Yes.I'm sorry he didn't die, while he was so happy.
是啊。很遗撼他没有在那么高兴的时候死。
Silence.There was no answer to that,Jane thought.
沉默。没有什么回驳的,简想。
Let's get on with it,said Kev angrily. We're losing time.
"我们接着干吧。"凯夫生气地说,"我们时间不多了。"
Tears came into Jane's eyes.You dirty: murderers,'she whispered.
简眼中噙着泪。"你们这些肮脏的凶手,"她小声说。
Kew hit her across the face with his gun.Jane felt blood in her mouth. One of her teeth was broken.
凯夫用枪打了她的脸。简感到嘴里有血。她的一颗牙被打碎了。
We could kill her now, Kev said,and get gout of the country tonight.
"我们现在就可以杀了她,"凯夫说,"今天晚上就离开这个国家。"
no,no, Anna said.We must talk to Cole first.
"不,不,"安娜说,"我们必须先和科尔谈谈。"
But we can't let her go, Kev said.She's seen our faces.She knows too much.
"可我们不能让她走,"凯夫说,"她已经看到我们的脸了。她知道得太多了。"
Oh no,Anna said,her voice was soft and cruel.
"噢,不能,安娜说。她的声音轻柔而冷酷。
"of course not. But we'll keep her life for some weeks; to make sure that Cole stays quiet. Pick up the phone, Kev.
"当然不能了。可我们要让她活几个星期,以确认科尔没讲出来。拿起电话来,凯夫。"