手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 勃朗特一家的故事(第3级) > 正文

勃朗特一家的故事 第11期:长大(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

I don't know where he went or what happened in London. He refused to tell me.

我不知道他在伦敦去了什么地方,也不知道出了什么事,他拒绝跟我讲。
He just sat upstairs,alone in his room for hours.
他只是在楼上自己的房间里一坐就是半天。
Later,I paid for a room in Bradford for him to work in.
后来我在布莱福德为他租了间画室,
He could paint pictures of famous people there,I thought.
我想他在那儿可以为大人物们画像。
It was easy work for him. But he couldn't do it.
种工作对他来说是轻而易举的,但他做不到。
He spent all my money,and came home again after a while.
那过了一阵,他把钱花光了后又回家了。
This was a sad time for me.
这次我很难过。
My eyes were very bad,and I had to pay a young curate to help me with my work for the church.
我的视力很差了。得付钱请一名年轻的副牧师协助教堂的工作。
My old servant,Tabby,broke her leg and was very ill.
我的老用人泰比跌断了腿,病得很重。
And then one day I got a letter from Miss Wooler's school. My curate read it to me.
一天,我收到伍勒小姐学校的一封信,我的助手给我念着:
Dear Mr Bront,the letter said.I am afraid that your daughter Anne is very ill,and...
"亲爱的勃朗特先生,"信中写道,"您的女儿安妮恐怕病得很重,而且……"
I don't think I ever moved so fast in all my life.
我觉得自己一生中从未行动地如此迅速,
Six hours later,I was at Roe Head.
6个小时后我已到了罗伊·海德,
The next day Anne and Charlotte were home.
第二天安妮和夏洛蒂回到了家里。
Anne was still alive,thank God!A month later she was well again.
感谢上帝,安妮还活着,1个月后她痊愈了。
Thank God. All my children were safe at home.
真得感谢上帝!我的孩子们在家里很安全。
I was happy to have them here.
我高兴让他们留在这儿。
They were so clever,and kind,and they loved each other so much.
他们是那么聪明、善良,而且彼此友爱。
But I was an old man with bad eyes,and Aunt Branwell and I had very little money.
但我已是个视力糟糕透顶的老人了,布兰韦尔姨妈和我的钱少得可怜。
My children had to find work somewhere,in order to live.
我的孩子们为了生存,就必须去什么地方找个工作。
But what sort of work could they do?
可是他们能干什么呢?


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。