You said, management is a problem that you have only when you're successful. Yes.
既然你说管理是创业成功后才谈的事儿,是的
So what about those first two or three people as a founder that you're trying to manage?
那么,作为创始人怎么管理最初的两三个员工呢?
Okay, so management is a problem only if you're successful.
管理是创业成功后才谈的事儿
What about those first two or three people?
怎么管理最初的两三个员工呢?
Well, ideally, you're successful before you even hire two or three people, right?
理想情况是,在雇两三个员工之前,你就已经成功了
Didn't you say, Sam, that Airbnb took five months to hire their first employee?
Sam,你是不是说过Airbnb花了5个月的时间来雇第一名员工?
So ideally, you don't have even two or three people for quite a while.
理想情况下,一段时间内你孤身奋战,连两三个员工都没有
When you do, you can, you can sort of, the, the first hires in a startup are almost like founders.
开始招的几个人可以算得上是创始人
They should be motivated by the same things.
这些“创始人”志同道合
They can't be people, they can't be people you have to, like, manage, right?
招的这些人根本不需要管理
This is like that, this is not, like, the Office or something like that.
你们之间没有严格的上下级关系
These are your, these have to be your peers, really.
你们是战友
You shouldn't have to manage them much.
不需要管理他们
So it's just a big no-no, like if someone has to be managed, no way they can be on the founding team?
你刚才说,创始团队里的人不需要管理
Well, never say never.
不能说的太绝对
I should repeat all these questions, so if someone has to manage,
复述一下问题
no way they should be on the founding team?
创始团队里的人不需要管理
In, in the case where you're doing something where you need some sort of super advanced technical thing.
有时创业需要精尖技术人才
And there's some boffin, if you know that word,
这些精尖技术人才中有的是“书呆子”
who knows this thing and nothing else in the world including, like how to wipe his mouth.
只关心技术,心无旁骛
Then it may be to your advantage to hire said boffin and wipe his mouth for him. But. Okay.
你最好是招募他们,为他们做好“后勤保障”工作,好的
As a general rule, you want people who are, sort of self-motivated early on.
一般而言,创业早期你需要会自我激励的队友
They should be just like founders.
他们如同创始人一般。