Remember the algorithm on the window at Kirkland?Yeah.Yeah, I'll be here.
还记得柯克兰窗户上的数学公式吗? 记得 是啊,我一定回来
You sure about this?You're 20 minutes late.
你确定就这样? 你已经迟到20分钟了
You're gonna walk in there and say you overslept and didn't have time to get dressed.
你就这么进去,告诉他们你睡过头了 没时间打扮
They're gonna pitch you.Case Equity is going to pitch you.
他们会向你极尽推销自己公平买卖也会向你招手
They're gonna beg you to take their money.
他们会乞求你收下他们的钱
You're gonna nod, you re gonna nod,you're gonna nod,
你就一直点头,点头,不停点
and then you're gonna say,Which one of you is Roth?No, not Roth. Manningham.
然后就问 你们谁是罗斯 不对,不是罗斯,是曼宁厄姆
Which one of you is Mitchell Manningham?And he'll say, I am.
你们谁是米契尔曼宁厄姆?然后他会说我就是
And then you say, Sean Parker says, Fuck you.Walk out.Okay.
那你就说肖恩帕克对你说 操你妈 然后走出来 好的
In late November, I got the e-mail from Mark telling me to come out for the millionth-member party.
十一月底的时候,我收到马克的邮件 让我回来参加庆祝百万用户的派对
What else did the e-mail say?It said that we had to havea business meeting.
邮件还说了什么? 还说我们要开个工作会议
That Mark and Sean had played some kind of revenge stunt on Case Equity,
还说马克和肖恩做了些小动作报复公平买卖
and that Manningham was so impressed that he was now making an investment offer that was hard to turn down.
曼宁厄姆太让人印象深刻了 因为他开出了令人难以拒绝的条件
So I went to California,and I went straight to the new offices.
我到达加州,直接去了新办公室
I didn't know whether to dress for the party or for the business meeting,so I kind of dressed for both.
我不清楚该穿正装还是派对装 所以就穿了百搭款
But it didn't matter. Why not? Because I wasn't called out therefor either one.
但那并不重要 为什么? 因为我去那里并不是为了其中任何一个
What were you called out there for?An ambush.
那是为了什么? 一场伏击