We'll use their confiscated wealth to establish hundreds of thousands of free Negro farmers,
我们要用充公的财富 去建立成千上万黑人农民阶级
and at their side soldiers armed to occupy and transform the heritage of traitors.
和武装力量去占领和转换叛徒的遗产
We'll build up a land down there of free men and free women and free children and freedom.
我们要建立一片 属于自由的男女老少的自由之地
The nation needs to know that we have such plans.
国家要知道我们的计划
That's the untempered version of reconstruction.
这是未加修饰的战后重建计划
It's not quite exactly what I intend,but we shall oppose one another in the course of time.
跟我想的不太一样 我们早晚会反对彼此的政见
Now we're working together, and I'm asking you for patience, I expect.
但现在我们在同一条战线 所以我请求你 耐心点 对吧
When the people disagree,bringing them together requires going slow till they're ready to make up.
当人民意见不一致 就需要慢慢让他们 能够达成一致
Ah, shit on the people,and what they want, and what they're ready for,I don't give a goddamn about the people and what they want.
去他的人民 他们要什么 他们准备怎么样 我才不管他们要什么
This is the face of someone who has fought long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of 'em.
这是一个长期为了人民的利益奋斗 却从不关心人民的人的面庞
And I look a lot worse without my wig.The people elected me! To represent them.
我不带假发看起来更糟糕 人民选举了我 去代表他们
To lead them! And I lead! You ought to try it.
去领导他们 我成功领了他们 你应该试试
I admire your zeal, Mr. Stevens,and I have tried to profit from the example of it.
我欣赏你的热情 史蒂文斯先生 我也试过从中牟利