I'm not there to be wined and dined, and I certainly wouldn't compromise the Times, so I made up my mind at that point...I wouldn't take even a glass of water.
我不是来吃吃喝喝的我不是替《纽约时报》说话,是我自己的决定和习惯,我甚至在这些活动上连一杯水都不会喝。
I have something to eat before I go to work, and that's it.
我每次去工作前都会吃一些东西。
Period.
就这样。
It's keeping a distance from what you're doing, so you can be more objective.
这样做会让我在工作时更具目标性。
Objective over what, I don't know, but, uh, it works for me.
大概是不会在派对上被那些美酒食物影响了拍照工作,总之,这样的工作方法对我很有效。
New York society becomes harder and harder to define.
纽约的社交圈变得原来越难以定义。
The latest definition...is everything from the girls who smile for party pictures...to the old WASPs.
最新的一种说法是…包含着年轻的女孩和那些老的社交名媛。
He loves, like, an old, stylish gal.
他挺喜欢那些老的社交名媛。
Come on. He loves an old, stylish gal.
喜欢那些时尚的老女人。
And they all love him.
当然她们也喜欢他。
That's why I think...I don't know the history of Bill, but we suspected that there was some kind of society connection with Bill, because he also felt as comfortable with Lady Astor, and he knew all those people.
其实我不是很清楚Bill过去的经历…但Bill的周围是有他固定的社交圈子的,他和Astor女士这样的人在一起也觉得很舒服,他熟识这些所有人。
I'm David Rockefeller.
我是David Rockefeller.
You look marvelous indeed.
你看起来美极了。
Isn't that nice? When you think of all that's going on, that they came tonight?
今晚来了这么多人,你很好么?
Why are you not making peace?
为什么不弄的安静一些?
Hello, Bill. Come with me.
你好Bill,跟我来。
Brooke Astor...Someone like that is a rarity.
像Brooke Astor这样的人是少见的。
She had such a human touch, a correctness, about her, but not in a stuffed-shirt way.
她很平易近人没有距离感。
She immediately made people feel at ease.
和她在一起给人感觉很自然。
We're all the same. We all have the same problems.
她不会排斥别人,乐于结识新的朋友。
We all have family members that are whatever the hell it is.
我们都有着不同的家庭成员。
I've loved and admired my mother...for more than three-quarters of a century.
我这么多年以来一直很爱我的母亲,很崇敬她。