Then, joins his family at breakfast to find his eldest son,Robert,
之后 和家人一起共进早餐 他的长子罗伯特
just returned from witnessing the surrender at Appomattox.
刚见证完阿托克马斯的投降仪式
General Lee, stately, elegant.His uniform, spotless,with a jeweled sword and shining spurs.
李将军他威严却不失文雅 军服一尘不染 佩着宝剑和闪亮的靴刺
And General Grant, so shabby in a muddy blue uniform,borrowed from a private.
而格兰特将军穿着借来的蓝色脏军服 显得衣衫褴褛
It was great. Oh! And...Here is Lee.
真的很逗 对了 这就是李
Papa day, let me see!Can I see it? Can I have it? Wait a moment, Tad.
爸爸 让我看看 我能看看吗 等会儿 泰德
Now, that is the face of a noble man.And brave.Listen to me, Robert.
这是个高尚的人 还很勇敢 听着 罗伯特
You must lay aside your uniform,return to college
你得脱下军服 重回大学
read law for three years, and at the end of that time,I hope that we will be able to tell whether you will make a lawyer or not.Yes, sir. And I will, sir.
攻读3年法律 到那时候 再看看你是否有资格 成为一名律师 好的 父亲 我会的
Shortly before 11 A.M.,Lincoln sees Secretary of War Edwin Stanton at the War Department.Mr Stanton.
临近上午11点前 林肯在陆军部会见了 战争部长爱德温·斯坦顿 斯坦顿先生