So, there were the teachers and then there were my friends, classmates from everywhere,
好吧,这就是我的老师们,此外还有我的朋友们和来自世界各地的同学们
many of whom are still dear friends to this day.
他们中的很多人直到今天都是我非常要好的朋友
And they've inspired many characters as well.
他们激发了我很多创作灵感
For example, a friend of mine.
比如我的一个朋友
Well, I just wanted to quickly say good evening.
我只想说,晚上好
My name is Praveen Manvi and thank you very much for this opportunity.
我的名字叫普拉文曼维,感谢你们给我这个机会
Of course, TED, the reputation precedes itself all over the world.
TED的大名已经传遍全球
But, you know, I am originally from India, and I wanted to start by telling you
我来自印度,我想告诉你们
that once Sarah Jones told me that we will be having the opportunity to come here to TED in California,
莎拉琼斯告诉我,我们可以有机会来加利福尼亚参加TED大会
originally, I was very pleased and, frankly, relieved because, you know, I am a human rights advocate.
一开始我就感到很高兴,而且老实说,松了一口气,因为你们知道我是一名人权倡导者
And usually my work, it takes me to Washington D.C.
我的工作通常都要去华盛顿特区
And there, I must attend these meetings, mingling with some tiresome politicians,
在那里我必须参加各种会议,要跟那些令人厌倦的政客打交道
trying to make me feel comfortable by telling how often they are eating the curry in Georgetown.
他们为了让我觉得舒服一些,总跟我说他们在乔治城多么经常吃咖喱
So, you can just imagine -- right.
所以你们可以想像
So, but I'm thrilled to be joining all of you here.
但我非常高兴能够参加你们的活动
I wish we had more time together, but that's for another time. Okay? Great.
我希望能有更多的时间跟你们在一起,但只能下次再说啦,好吧
And, sadly, I don't think we'll have time for you to meet everybody I brought, but --
遗憾的是,恐怕没那么多时间让我所有的朋友都跟你们见面,但是
I'm trying to behave myself, it's my first time here.
我在努力做到举止得体,毕竟是我第一次来这里
But I do want to introduce you to a couple of folks you may recognize, if you saw "Bridge and Tunnel."
但我确实想让你们见一下另外几个朋友,你们应该能认出她们,如果你们看过“土包子”这部舞台剧的话
Uh, well, thank you.
恩,谢谢大家