I'm on the wild Atlantic coast of the Sahara desert.
我正在撒哈拉沙漠边缘的大西洋海岸边
Battling through currents,fighting to board the wreck of a fishing trawler,
和海浪殊死搏斗 试图登上拖捞船的残骸
but the rip currents here are vicious and I'm at risk of being swept out to sea.
但这里激流汹涌 我面临着被拖入深海的危险
Going to have to ride the next wave.Ok, got that.
得借助下一个海浪 好了 抓住了
Stick on the metal bit,you want to watch out.All of it is rusty and sharp.
站在有金属的地方 得很小心 它们都生了锈 还很尖利
I'd like to think the sailors from this got away with their lives,but not everyone is so lucky.
我认为海员们都从船上逃生了 但幸运女神不会每次都降临
There were some American sailors in the 1800s that got ship wrecked on this coast.
19世纪初 一艘载满美国海员的船只 在这里失事
You can imagine how terrifying it must have been just to be ship wrecked,and storm washed up here.
你能想象 船只在海中 风雨飘摇的场景 是多么可怕
They survived it and made it to shore.They thought their problems were over but they were wrong.
他们活了下来 直到船靠岸 以为灾难已经过去 但他们错了
They were taken as slaves by local tribes men and almost all of them died under the weight of the slave labor in this, the Sahara desert.
他们被当地土著俘虏 在繁重的劳役下 几乎所有人都丧生于 撒哈拉大沙漠
But to a desert survivor,discovering a wreck like this can mean hope, possibility and opportunity.
但对一个沙漠幸存者来说 发现这样的船只 则意味着希望 机会和生存
I want to get down to get into the hull.See what's down there.
我要到船身里面去 一探究竟
That's good. Come on down.Something...Something just swam past me here.
好了 下来吧 有东西 有东西刚从我身边游过去