Dialogue 1
Mark: Wow, Jingjing, you look pretty hip in those clothes. What's the occasion?
马克:哇,京晶,你穿这些衣服看起来好潮啊。你这是要去什么重要场合啊?
Jingjing: I'm going to the club with my girlfriends tonight. Why don't you tag along?
京晶:我今晚要和我的女朋友们去俱乐部。你一起来吧?
Mark: Okay, let me go throw something on real quick. (Five minutes later, Mark comes back, dressed differently) Here I am, let's go.
马克:好啊,我火速换件衣服哈。(5分钟后,马克回来了,穿着不同的衣服。)我好啦,咱们走吧。
Jingjing: Woah, woah, wait. Are you serious? You're gonna wear those shoes to the club?
京晶:哇,哇,等等。你是认真的吗?要穿这双鞋去俱乐部?
Mark: Yeah, what's wrong with them?
马克:是啊,有什么不对吗?
Jingjing: They are so last year. People aren't wearing them much anymore.
京晶:它们都过时啦。没什么人还在穿啦。
Mark: But I like them. They're blue and shiny.
马克:但我喜欢。蓝色的,还闪闪发光。
Jingjing: I think I need to take you on a shopping spree tomorrow. It's best I show you what's in style and what's not. After all, I'm a chic, remember?
京晶:我想明天我需要陪你去疯狂购物。最好让我来告诉你时下什么风格最流行。毕竟,我可是一个时尚达人,记得吗?
Mark: Okay cool, tomorrow it is!
马克:好嘞,明天走起!
习语短语
hip=时尚和潮流的
What's the occasion?=当有人精心打扮得很漂亮的时候问,你这是要去什么重要场合啊?
tag along=陪别人,跟随
throw something on=换件衣服
so last year=用来形容那些过时的衣服或潮流
shopping spree=疯狂购物,一天买好多东西
in style=(服装)款式最新最时尚
chic=时尚达人
Dialogue 2
The next day, Mark and Jingjing have just returned from the shopping mall.
第二天,马克和京晶刚从商场回来。
Jingjing: You look a lot better in these new clothes, Mark.
京晶:马克,你穿着这些新衣服看起来帅多了。
Mark: I don't know...I feel a little funky wearing some of this stuff.
马克:真的吗……可我怎么觉得有的地方有点儿怪啊。
Jingjing: Like what?
京晶:比如?
Mark: Well, I've never worn a chain necklace before. It's kinda weird.
马克:嗯,比如我从来没戴过项链。感觉有点儿奇怪。
Jingjing: Weird? I think it looks cool. You will look even better at the club the next time we go with that bling.
京晶:奇怪?我觉得它看起来很酷啊。下次我们再一起去俱乐部,你带着这条金光闪闪的链子去肯定很吸睛。
Mark: And these new pink shoes, I'm just not so sure about them...
马克:还有这双新的粉红色鞋,我不敢确定……
Jingjing: Oh, come on, Mark! Those are a must have! Pink is the new blue!
京晶:噢,马克!这些都是必备单品啊!粉红色是继蓝色之后最新的流行色!
Mark: I like this polo shirt, but why do I have to pop the collar?
马克:我喜欢这件polo衫,但为什么我非得把衣领立起来?
Jingjing: A lot of people like to pop their collars; otherwise they'll look too preppy.
京晶:很多人都喜欢把衣领立起来。否则,他们会显得过于学院风了。
Mark: Well, thanks a lot for taking me shopping. How about we do lunch? I'm paying.
马克:嗯,非常感谢你带我逛街。怎么样,我们吃午饭去吧?我请客。
Jingjing: Sounds like a plan. Afterwards, I wanna take you to see that new movie that's out right now, it's hilarious.
京晶:听起来不错。之后我想带你去看最新的电影,刚上映的,特别搞笑。
Mark: Cool, let's dip out.
马克:好呀,咱们走吧。
习语短语
funky=怪异的;尴尬的
bling=金光闪闪的华丽珠宝
a must have=必备单品
Pink is the new blue.=这里指粉色已经取代了之前流行的蓝色。即,粉红色是继蓝色之后最新的流行色。
polo shirt=马球衫
pop the collar=把衣领立起来
preppy=预科生;(尤指衣着精致经典)学院风
do lunch=吃午饭
hilarious=非常搞笑
dip out=离开