Hi, everybody. Ban-gap-seum-ni-da.
嗨,大家好。很高兴和大家见面(韩语)
I'd like to share with you a little bit of me playing my life.
我想与你们分享一些我的演奏人生。
I might look successful and happy being in front of you today,
我今天在大家面前可能看起来很成功,很快乐,
but I once suffered from severe depression and was in total despair.
但我曾得过严重的抑郁症,陷入彻底的绝望。
The violin, which meant everything to me, became a grave burden on me.
小提琴,是我的人生,成为了我沉重的负担。
Although many people tried to comfort and encourage me, their words sounded like meaningless noise.
虽然很多人试图安慰我、鼓励我,他们的话却像是毫无意义的噪音。
When I was just about to give everything up after years of suffering,
当我忍受不了多年的痛苦,正准备放弃这一切时,
I started to rediscover the true power of music.
我重新发现了音乐的真正力量。
In the midst of hardship, it was the music that gave me -- that restored my soul.
在这一段艰苦的日子里,音乐唤醒了并治愈了我的灵魂。
The comfort the music gave me was just indescribable,
音乐带给我的安慰是难以形容的,
and it was a real eye-opening experience for me too,
它打开了我的眼界,
and it totally changed my perspective on life
彻底改变了我对生活的看法
and set me free from the pressure of becoming a successful violinist.
把我从压力中释放出来,使我成为一名成功的小提琴手。
Do you feel like you are all alone?
你感到孤单吗?
I hope that this piece will touch and heal your heart, as it did for me.
我希望这首曲子会感动,并且治愈你的心,就如它为我做的那样。