People who are more on the unconstrained vision would tend toward Utopianism or sometimes communism.
执本性不受约束观点的人倾向乌托邦主义或共产主义。
Not always, but sometimes. Why? Because let's change human nature.
并非总是,有时是。为什么?让我们来改变人类本性。
Self-interest is not good. It hurts in the long term.
自利不是好事。长远来说是有害的。
and therefore we need to change it rather than the constrained vision people who said.
所以我们需要改变它,而认为本性受约束的人他们会说。
We may not like it, but it is what it is. We cannot change it.
我们也许不是那样,但本性难移,不能改变它。
Let's make the best of it and channel it toward the good. Two radical views.
我们尽去完善它,把它导向好的,两种皆然不同的观点。
Two radical prescriptions based on people's notion perspective. So why am I telling you this.
基于人的观念得到两种皆然不同的手段,我为什么要给你们讲这个?
This is not a political science class. Because it has every relevance to psychology as well.
这不是政治科学课程,因为它与心理学息息相关
It has every relevance to psychology: Do we perceive reality.
它与心理学息息相关,我们认识了现实吗
Human nature as constrained or unconstrained will ultimately affect our psychology.
对人类本性执不同观点,最终将影响我们心理。
And this is very meaningful and important. Let me explain.
这是非常有意义和重要的,我来解释。
Now first of all, some people who have the constrained view when it comes to politics.
首先 有些人在政治上执受约束的观点。
Have the unconstrained view when it comes to psychology, so it is not always consistent.
但在心理学上执不受约束观点,并不总是一致。
Though it very often is. So the vision of psychology this course promotes.
但多数时是一致的,这门课提倡的心理学观点。
Is the constrained view. In other words, my belief.
是本性受约束观点,换言之,那是我相信的观点。
And I am going to back that up with research today and for the next semester.
我会用三个研究加以证明,从今天开始直到下个学期
Is human nature is fixed. We have inclinations.
人类本性是固有的我们有欲望