My cop and I did not speak.
我和逮捕我的警察并未交谈
A woman officer in casual uniform, no gun,
一名穿着便服的女官员,没带枪
took my purse, hair clips, pink poncho, my earrings and put them in a plastic bag.
拿走了我的钱包,发夹,粉色斗篷,耳环,把它们装进了塑料袋里
Ready for handcuffing I presented my hands, wrists together in front but my arresting officer signaled 'in back.'
做好了带上手铐的准备,我伸出双手,手腕贴在一起,但是逮捕我的警察示意把手背到后面去
I won't be able to write, to touch, to catch myself and will fall on my face.
我不能写字,不能触碰别人,抓不着自己,只能袭击自己的脸
I turned about, held my arms behind me as high as I could bending way forward making my gesture large for the witnesses to see.
我转过身去,胳膊尽可能高地背在身后,我弯着腰,让目击者能看到我的姿势
Handcuffs in this age of new plastics work like the ties for bread and trees.
现代的新型塑料手铐感觉起来就像面包绳
My arrester could have tightened the cable tie so that it cut into the skin, the hands turned purple, burst.
逮捕我的警察可以拷得更紧些,勒住我的皮肤,手就会青一块,紫一块
These police were kind to tie us loosely.
这些警察很友好,拷得很松
Our belongings taken, pictures taken, handcuffed, we were made to get into a paddywagon, about eight per wagon.
我们的物品都被拿走了,拍了照片,带着手铐,被迫进入一辆货车——差不多有8辆四轮马车那么大
There are cages like dog cages between the front seat and the side benches.
前座和侧边的长椅间还有狗笼一样的笼子
I sat in the middle of a bench, my shoulders touching women's shoulders beside me, my legs touching women's legs before me.
我坐在长椅中间,肩膀和旁边女人的肩摩擦着,双腿蹭到前面女人的腿
Women outside pounded, drummed on the van.
外面的女人们猛敲着车,在车身上打着鼓
Through the windshield we could see them applauding us.
通过挡风玻璃我们能看到她们在为我们鼓掌
Somebody said 'there's my daughter.'
有人说"这是我的女儿"