The van started up, the crowd parted, let the van through. It got quiet.
货车开动了,人群散开,让货车通过,人们安静了
We were driving away from the magic, the rose light went out.
我们被带离了魔法世界,粉色的光晕褪去了
I was taken to a cell and I was alone in the cell and I felt really good
我被带到牢房里,只有我一人
because I said to myself 'at last, the solitary confinement of my dreams.
那感觉很好,因为我对自己说,“最后这是我梦中的孤身隐居
This is Thoreau and I am in my own little hut and I'm in my own little jail cell.'
这是梭罗和我在自己的小天地里我在自己的小牢房里”
But I didn't have time to enjoy it very long.
但我没多少时间享受这些
The door opened, we're a crowd again.
门开了,又进来一群人,
Loud speaking, loud singing women
吵闹的交谈,吵闹的唱歌的女人们
'this little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine,
“我的微光要让它发亮
oh this little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine.
哦,我的微光让它闪闪发亮
This little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine,
我的微光让它闪闪发亮
let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.'
让它发亮,让它发亮,让它发亮
The singing connected the women in all this block of cells,
这首歌连接起了所有牢房里的女人们
love and peace aroused again
重新唤起了爱和和平
'on the children of Iraq I'm gonna let it shine,
“让爱在伊拉克的儿童身上发光
oh on the children of Iraq I'm gonna let it shine.
哦让爱在伊拉克的儿童身上发光
On the children of Iraq I'm gonna let it shine,
哦让爱在伊拉克的儿童身上发光
let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.'
让它发亮,让它发亮,让它发亮”