A young woman of family?
正经人家的年轻女儿
Yes,uncle,and tomorrow we go and visit another,Mrs Radcliffe.
是的 舅舅 明天我们要去拜访拉德克利夫夫人
She keeps herself to herself,almost a recluse,but I know her husband through the law.
她避世而居 但我认识她的丈夫
Who? The authoress,Mrs Radcliffe.
谁 作家 拉德克利夫夫人
As writing is her profession.Her what?
以写作为生 什么
500,uncle,for the last novel,The Mysteries of Udolpho.
舅舅 她的上一本小说挣了500英镑 《尤道弗的奥秘》
And 800,I believe,for her next.The Italian.Above 1,000?
我相信下一本能挣800 《意大利人》 超过1000镑
The times,the times.
跟不上时代了 跟不上时代了
You live so quietly.
您这里真安静
And yet your novels are filled with romance,danger,terror.
您的小说充满了浪漫 危险和惊恐
Everything my life is not.
我们的生活中却一样都没有
Apparently.Of what do you wish to write?
很显然 你想写那一类的文章
Of the heart.Do you know it?
反映内心的文章 你知道自己内心的想法吗
Not all of it.In time,you will.
还不是全部 你以后会的
But even if that fails,that's what the imagination is for.
即使失败了 还有想像呢
Your imagination has brought you independence.
您的想像力给您带来了独立
At a cost to myself and to my husband.Poor William.
我和我丈夫付出的代价也很大 可怜的威廉