Warren was, at that time,dealing with small companies,
沃伦当时与小公司谈生意
and his investments often were to buy a company that you could figure was a discarded cigar butt,
他的投资通常是购买形如烟头的公司
but it had one more smoke in it,
但是有人还在吸
and he wanted to buy at the right time to be able to benefit from the one smoke.
他想要在正确的时候买 从那个抽烟的人身上获利
The first partnership started with 105,100 dollars.
合伙企业以105100美元起步
I put up the 100, and the other people put up the 105,000.
我投入100 其他人投入105000
And then at the start of 1962, I moved to Kiewit Plaza.
接着在1962年之初 我搬到了基伟大厦
And by the time I moved to Kiewit Plaza, we had 7 million dollars invested,and a fair amount was profits.
在我们搬到基伟大厦之时 我们已经投资了700万美元 盈利数量可观
I was then renting a house. I never owned a house to that point.
接着我租了一套房子 我那时没有房子
And then two years later,I bought the house I live in today in 1958.
两年后 我1958年买下了我现在住的房子
We had three children, Susie and I.
我们有三个孩子 还有苏西和我
And we had 'em young, incidentally, which was I think was a very good thing.
我们年轻时生了他们 我觉得很好
My daughter Susie was born here.
我的女儿苏西在这里出生
I named her Susie just like that, as soon as I looked at her,because she looked just like her mother,And she was a cinch.
我看到她时我就给她起了苏西这个名字 因为她长得像她的母亲 她是小事一桩
And then Howie was, you know, this absolute bundle of energy,
而豪伊就拥有相当的能量了
which made things very difficult for big Susie for a while.
对我妻子苏西就很困难
Peter again reverted back to Susie's personality,and he was an easy child.
皮特则又回到苏西的个性 他是个简单的孩子