Ted Williams wrote a book called "The Science of Hitting,"
泰德·威廉姆斯写了本书叫做击球的科学
and in it he had a picture of himself at bat
里面有一张轮到他击球的图片
and the strike zone broken into, I think, 77 squares.
好球区我想有77平方
And he said, if he waited for the pitch that was really in his sweet spot, he would bat .400
他说 如果我等待 在他最佳击球点的球 他会击出400
and if he had to swing at something on the lower corner,he would probably bat .235.
如果要到更低的角落 可能会击出235
And in investing, I'm in a no-called strike business,
在投资领域 我处在一个没有好球的生意中
which is the best business you can be in.
这是一项最好的生意
I can look at a thousand different companies,
我能观察1000个不同的公司
and I don't have to be right on every one of them or even 50 of 'em.
我不用每一家都看准 甚至不用看准其中40个
so I can pick the ball I want to hit.
所以我可以选择我想击出的球
And the trick in investing is just to sit there and watch pitch after pitch to go by
投资的技巧就是 坐在那里观察球场
and wait for the one right in your sweet spot.
等待那个在你最佳击球区域的球
And the people that are yelling, "Swing, you bum"? Ignore 'em.
人们喊 挥棒啊 你傻了 忽略他们
There's a temptation for people to act far too frequently in stocks,simply because they're so liquid.
在股市中 有让人频繁进行操作的诱惑 仅仅是因为他们太容易改变
Over the years you develop a lot of filters,
若干年后你会开发出一种过滤器
and I do know what I call my circle of competence,so I,I,I stay within that circle,
我明白我所谓的能力圈 所以我就待在那个圈子里
and I don't worry about things that are outside that circle.
我不用担心那个圈子以外的东西
Defining what your game is,where you're going to have an edge is enormously important.
明确你玩的是什么 你在哪里有优势非常重要