He's not like the rest of us.
他不像我们其他人
I don't think my dad ever took anybody for granted,
我不认为我的父亲把别人看得很重
but you are a little bit blind, I think,
但你有时可能看不到
sometimes to what other people might be doing behind the scenes,
有些时候其他人在幕后做些事情
and my dad's gotten a little bit of a pass.
我父亲可能视而不见
Warren can't find the light switch,and it's probably my fault.
沃伦找不到灯开关 这可能是我的错
One time, years ago when the kids were little,
有一次 几十年前 孩子们还小
I was feeling really sick.I had the flu,
我感觉不舒服 我感冒了
so I lay down on the bed,and I said to Warren,
我躺在床上 和沃伦说
"Will you get me a pan? Or something from the kitchen.
能给我拿个盘子吗 或者是厨房的
I may not get to the bathroom.I feel so sick."
我可能不能去浴室了 我感觉不舒服
He said, "Okay." So he trottles down to the kitchen,and I hear this bang,bip, boom, bang!
他说 好 就下楼去厨房了 我就听到了叮叮咣咣的声音
And he comes up, and he brings me a colander.
然后他来了 给我拿了个滤锅
I looked at it, and I said,"Look, honey, this has holes in it."
我看着滤锅 说 亲爱的 这个有洞
"Oh, oh, okay." So he ran down,all this banging and everything.
哦 哦 好的 他就跑下去了 然后又是叮叮咣咣
And he comes up and he puts the colander on a cookie sheet.
出现时吧滤锅放在了烤盘上
Physical proximity to Warren doesn't always mean that he's there with you.
身体上的接近并不意味着他和你在一起
He's so cerebral, you see?
他非常清醒 你发现了吗
That's why I learned to have my own life.
那就是为什么要学着要有自己的生活
We were two parallel lines and but very connected when he was open to connecting.
我们是两条平行线 但是他开放时我们是相连的