I think people say I look a bit like a queen in this outfit, yeah.
大家说我穿上这套衣服看着像个女王,是的。
And people call me Your Majesty. People come up and they curtsy.
大家也叫我“女王陛下”。人们会上前给我行礼。
It's almost like living two lives, really. Let's commence.
感觉就像在过两种人生,真的。那我们开始吧。
I'm Ella Slack, and I'm the Queen's stand-in.
我叫埃拉·斯莱克,是女王的替身。
I've done it for over 30 years now.
我当女王的替身已经30多年了。
Anything that the Queen does is rehearsed.
女王所做任何事都要排练。
If it's just going to a town hall or opening a hospital,
如果只是去一个市政厅,或者开一家医院,
I've probably been a stand-in Queen, definitely more than 50 times.
很可能就要我来扮演女王的替身,这事绝对有50多次了。
A stand-in is not a look-alike. I don't look like the Queen.
替身不是一个长相相似的人。我长得不像女王。
But I'm the same sort of stature and height.
但是我的身材和身高跟女王差不多。
I'm about, virtually five foot. The Queen's about five foot two.
我大概,实际上高5英尺。女王大约高5.2英尺。
I live at Royal Court on Queens Promenade, in Royal Ramsey in the Isle of Man.
我住在马恩岛Royal Ramsey地区Queens Promenade道的罗约公寓。
And the Queen lives in Buckingham Palace, in London.
女王则住在伦敦的白金汉宫。
I drive a Ford gear automatic car. The Queen has been seen to drive Range Rovers
我开一台福特汽车。人们看到女王开的则是路虎,
and most of the time, she's in a chauffeur-driven car or in a carriage.
大多数时候,她都坐司机开的车或乘马车。
Well, it started because I was at the BBC
嗯,一开始是这样的,我在BBC的时候
and the producer who was doing The Cenotaph came to see me
负责拍摄伦敦战争纪念碑的制片人找到我
and said that the Queen had sent a message to say,
他说女王传话了,
when she stood at the Cenotaph, the sun was in her eyes, and so could we do anything about it?
说她站在战争纪念碑前的时候,阳光会照进她的眼睛,为此,我们能不能做点什么?
Well, I said to him, would you like me to come and stand in the position for you,
好吧,我对他说,要不要我来帮忙站在那个位置,
because all the stage managers were six foot men.
因为所有的舞台监制都是6英尺的男人。
And then that led on to other things.
事情就从那里开始了。
I went in her royal carriage and rode on the boat up to the Tower of London.
我坐过女王的马车,也曾坐船一直坐到伦敦塔。
And then there will be the state opening of Parliament.
再之后就是议会的开幕式。
I've never been allowed to sit on the throne in the House of Lords.
我不能坐在上议院的王座上。
I have to lurk above it. It's a very strict rule.
我只能假装坐在上面。这是很严格的规定。
If I'm in a carriage or a car, I will wave. You know, do like that, like that.
坐马车或汽车的时候,我会挥手。你知道的,就这样,这样。
The events that I've been helping with are events that are transmitted worldwide and millions of people are going to watch.
我帮着做过的事情是要全世界传播的,无数的人会收看。
I look afterwards, and watch the programs going out, and I'll see her there, and think, I did it for you.
回过头来,看到这些节目播出,看着女王出现在那里,我心里会想,这些都是我为你做的。