Dudley smirked and withdrew his gaze from the television.
达力痴笑起来,把视线从电视上收回了。
Watching Harry being bullied by Uncle Vernon was Dudley's favourite form of entertainment.
达力看着哈利受父亲的欺负,因为这是他喜爱的娱乐方式。
'Firstly,' growled Uncle Vernon, 'you'll keep a civil tongue in your head when you're talking to Marge.'
“第一,”弗农姨父吼道,“不准对玛姬说话无礼。”
'All right,' said Harry bitterly, 'if she does when she's talking to me.'
“好的,”哈利痛苦地说,“只要她对我说话时有礼。”
'Secondly,' said Uncle Vernon, acting as though he had not heard Harry's reply, '
“第二,”弗农姨父说,装作没听见哈利的回答,“玛姬还不知道你那些不正常的地方,
as Marge doesn't know anything about your abnormality, I don't want any — any funny stuff while she's here.
所以,她在这里的时候,我可不要——不要看见任何古怪的事情。
You behave yourself, got me?'
你要规矩点,听懂了吗?”
'I will if she does,' said Harry through gritted teeth.
“只要她守规矩。”哈利咬着牙说。
'And thirdly,' said Uncle Vernon, his mean little eyes now slits in his great purple face,
“还有第三点,”弗农姨父说,现在他那双卑鄙的小眼睛在他那张紫色的大脸上成了两条缝,
'we've told Marge you attend St Brutus's Secure Centre for Incurably Criminal Boys.'
“我们已经告诉玛姬,说你上的是圣布鲁斯安全中心少年犯学校。”
'What?' Harry yelled.
“什么?”哈利嚷道。
'And you'll be sticking to that story, boy, or there'll be trouble,' spat Uncle Vernon.
“你必须坚持这样说,小子,要不然就会有麻烦的。”弗农姨父愤怒地说。
Harry sat there, white-faced and furious, staring at Uncle Vernon, hardly able to believe it.
哈利坐在那里,心中大怒,气得脸发白,他瞪眼看着弗农姨父,简直不能相信这种说法。
Aunt Marge coming for a week-long visit,
玛姬姑妈要来这里住一个星期,
it was the worst birthday present the Dursleys had ever given him, including that pair of Uncle Vernon's old socks.
在德思礼家给他的生日礼物中,这是最坏的,包括弗农姨父的那双旧袜子在内。