She seemed to be with me, not in the earth, but close to me. I was so happy that she was with me again!
她好像就在我身边,不在泥土里,而在紧靠着我。她又和我在一起了,我欣喜不已!
I filled in the grave, and ran eagerly home to the Heights.
我覆盖好坟墓,急冲冲地跑回呼啸山庄家里。
I looked impatiently round for her. I could feel her but I could not see her!
我焦急地四下里找她。我能感觉到她,但看不见她!
And since then, she has played plenty of tricks on me like that.
打那以后她如法炮制地屡次捉弄我。
When I sleep in her bedroom, I can hear her outside the window, or entering the room, or even breathing close to me,
我睡在她房间的时候,我能听到她在窗外,或进了屋,或就在我身边呼吸,
but when I open my eyes, I'm always disappointed.
可当我一睁开眼,我总是失望。
Slowly, slowly, she's killing me, with the ghost of a hope that's lasted eighteen years!'
慢慢地、慢慢地,她用持续了18年之久的幽灵般飘渺的希望试图弄死我!”
He was talking almost to himself, so I did not answer.
他几乎是在自言自语,所以我也没有回答。
When Cathy came in, he stood up, ready to go.
凯茜进来了,他站起来,准备走。
'Goodbye, Ellen!' whispered my dear little mistress.
“再见,艾伦!”我亲爱的小女主人小声说。
'Come and visit me! 'As she kissed me, her face felt as cold as ice.
“来看我!”她亲我的时候,我觉得她脸上冰凉。
'Oh, no you won't, Ellen!' said Heathcliff. 'I'll send for you if I want you!' and together they left the Grange.
“噢,你不能,艾伦!”希斯克利夫说。“如果我需要你,我会派人来叫你的!”他们一起离开了画眉山庄。