I have a curiosity to hear my fortune told, therefore, Sam, order the beldame forward.
我倒有兴趣听听人家算我的命,所以萨姆,把那个丑老太婆给叫进来。
"My darling Blanche! recollect..." - "I do — I recollect all you can suggest, and I must have my will — quick, Sam!"
"布兰奇我的宝贝!再想一想..."-"我是想了 — 你建议的,我都细想过了,我得按我的意愿办 — 快点,萨姆!"
"Yes — yes — yes!" cried all the juveniles, both ladies and gentlemen. "Let her come — it will be excellent sport!"
"好 — 好 — 好!"年轻人都齐声叫了起来,小姐们和先生们都不例外。"让她进来吧 — 这会是一场绝妙的游戏。"
The footman still lingered. "She looks such a rough one," said he.
仆人依然犹豫不前。"她样子那么粗野,"他说。
"Go!" ejaculated Miss Ingram, and the man went. Excitement instantly seized the whole party.
"去!"英格拉姆小姐喝道,于是这仆人便走了。众人便立即激动起来。
A running fire of raillery and jests was proceeding when Sam returned.
萨姆返回时,相互正戏谑嘲弄,玩笑开得火热。
"She won't come now," said he. "She says it's not her mission to appear before the 'vulgar herd' (them's her words) .
"她现在不来了,"他说。"她说了她的使命不是到‘一群庸人(她的话)面前来的。
I must show her into a room by herself, and then those who wish to consult her must go to her one by one.
我得带她独个儿进一个房间,然后,想要请教她的人得一个一个去。
"You see now, my queenly Blanche," began Lady Ingram, "she encroaches. Be advised, my angel girl — and..."
"现在你明白了吧,我的布兰奇女王"英格拉姆夫人开腔了,"她得寸进尺了。听说,我的天使姑娘 — 还有..."
"Show her into the library, of course," cut in the angel girl.
"带她进图书室,当然,‘天使姑娘’把话打断了。
It is not my mission to listen to her before the vulgar herd either.
在一群庸人面前听她说话也不是我的使命。
I mean to have her all to myself. Is there a fire in the library?
我要让她单独跟我谈。图书室里生火了吗?
Yes, ma' am — but she looks such a tinkler.
生了,小姐 — 可她完全像个吉卜赛人。
Cease that chatter, blockhead! And do my bidding.
别多嘴了,笨蛋!照我吩咐的办。
Again Sam vanished, and mystery, animation, expectation rose to full flow once more.
萨姆再次消失,神秘、激动、期待的心情再次在人们心头翻腾。
"She's ready now," said the footman, as he reappeared.
"她现在准备好了,"仆人再次进来说。
She wishes to know who will be her first visitor.
她想知道谁先去见她。