Somebody who makes 80,000 dollars a year, being a blogger about basketball
有的篮球博主一年能挣8万美金,
is like being the 12th man on a team.
他就相当于球队的第12人。
You made it to the league, but you're not LeBron.
你虽然参加了联赛,但你不是詹姆斯。
You're one of the best basketball players in the world,
你可能是全世界最好的篮球选手,
but nobody knows who you are, kind of thing like,
但却没人知道你。
There's no shame, as a matter of fact,
这没有什么可羞耻的,
the practicality of making 80,000 dollars a year being a blogger about basketball cause you love it,
作为博主,你每年挣8万美金,但你喜欢干,
versus making 109,000 a year as a lawyer
但相比于每年挣10.9万美金的律师,
is a great arbitrage for a lot of people.
对于许多人来说,这类套利行为利润很大。
It's the unlocking happiness.
你觉得你很幸福。
Like, is your life better making 109,000 dollars a year being a lawyer
就比如,你是每年挣10.9万美金呢,
versus making 80,000 dollars a year being a full-time basketball content provider.
还是做一个全职篮球写手,每年挣8万美金。
You know, I don't know people's situations.
但每个人的情况不一样。
You may have loans, you may have this, but if you can afford it,
有人需要还贷,有人需要干这个,干那个,但如果你支付得起,
I promise you, you're gonna be way happier doing the stuff that you wanna be doing.
我敢向你保证,干自己喜欢的事是一件幸福的事。
And those are choices everybody has to make for themselves,
这是所有人都要做出的选择,
but when I say "not everybody's gonna be LeBron."
但如果我说“不是所有人都能成为詹姆斯”。
I mean not everybody's gonna be Mark Zuckerberg and Steve Jobs.
也不是所有人都能成为马克·扎克伯格,史蒂夫·乔布斯。
As an entrepreneur. That's right, got it?
你是说成为企业家。对的,明白了吗?
But within their hobbies and their job and making their careers their hobbies.
但对于他们来说,他们的事业就是他们的爱好。
That's right. They, they can be the 17th, 19th,
没错,他们可以成为第17,第19个。
There's a level of practicality that's different for everyone predicated on how fancy they wanna be.
每个人的实际情况不一样,这也决定了你会不会高兴。
Like where's your happiness?
比如说什么能让你幸福?
And where is the things you want that you need money for?
你想用钱干什么?
Where's that Mendoza Line?
你的“门多萨线”在哪?
There's a lot of people,for example, right now, who are watching this,
就比如现在有许多观看视频的观众,
who are doing well and making 200,000 dollars a year,
有些观众每年挣20万美金,
but if they made 140, they'd be much happier. Got it?
但如果每年挣14万,他们会比现在更幸福,明白了吗?
They, they start working, the machine takes over, that business eats them up.
他们努力工作,但他们却逐渐被机械化取代。
Like a lot of people think that happens to me, but they don't understand me.
许多人觉得这事儿发生在我身上,他们不了解我,
They don't get it. I already won. I've won.
不理解,我已经很成功了,真的。
I'm getting to play the game that I wanna play.
我正在做我想干的。
Like it's not, like I don't need to make more.
不是你们,我不需要再挣更多的钱。
It's not like I need to make more.
真的不需要了。
I need to make more because it means that I'm succeeding in the game that I'm playing.
如果我是在盈利,那就说明我还在不断胜利。
And that's where your patience comes in.
这是因为你有耐心。
Of course, I'm ultimately patient. I've already won.
当然,我的耐心爆棚,我已经成功了。
Drock, this game's rigged. I already won. I figured myself out. I know what makes me happy.
我跟你讲,这些都在我的掌控之中,我已经赢了,我真正想明白了,我知道怎么让自己开心。
Nothing in the world makes me happier than being able, no...
没有什么比我能...更高兴的了,
And, by the way, this is for everybody.
而且这对谁都一样。
Everybody is the happiest when they get to do what they want to be doing.
如果你做的事情是你自己喜欢做的,那你就会很开心。
When you get to do what you wanna do, you've won.
当你真正做到这一步了,你就赢了。
That is the seductive nature of entrepreneurship, because you have control.
这也是创业最具诱惑的一点,因为你能够掌控。
There's no boss. But the company can become your boss.
没有老板,但公司有可能是你的老板。
The overextending yourself and paying for your lifestyle can become your boss.
你每天苦苦奔命,养家糊口也会是你的老板。
Not paying attention to what makes you happy anymore can become your boss.
没有关注自己喜欢做的事也可能是啊。
And that's why I try to stay grounded in that stuff.
这也是为什么我努力让自己变强大的原因。
Like when people don't know me, and they, a video goes viral,
比方说人们不了解我,看了我在网上疯传的视频,
and got these guys are gonna be miserable, and it's,cause he just wants to make money.
许多人为了挣钱而郁郁寡欢。
You don't know me. You don't know me.
你不了解我,不了解。
Like, there's plenty of people that are miserable that have, at home all day.
你知道有许多人生活非常痛苦,他们会整天待在家里。
Like misery doesn't come in the way you want to judge it.
你没法判断他是不是痛苦。
Misery comes in the way that it is for that actual person and for me,
痛苦只有那个人最理解,而对于我来说,
the time I get to spend with my family,
与家人在一块,
and then the fact that I get to spend a lot of time playing the game that I wanna play, is ultimate happiness.
投入更多精力来做我喜欢做的事儿,这就是快乐,这就是幸福。
I would suffocate and die if I worked nine to six.
如果我每天朝九晚六的话,我会死的。
I wouldn't be happy. Well, you know, sorry that's not politically correct. It's, it's selfish.
我不会高兴,但这么说可能在大方面来讲不对,这么说很自私。
Like, I wanna work that six to nine that so many of you go out to dinner with friends
有些人朝九晚六,而有些人却能和朋友吃晚餐,
or watch shows or play volleyball or a part of that.
看节目或是打排球,
That's what I'm doing. It's just three more hours of work.
这就是我的生活,顶多也就是三个多小时的工作。
Like. my meeting is your card club. My meeting is your book club.
我工作的地方就在扑克俱乐部,就在图书俱乐部,
My meeting is your pool table night. My meeting is your dart team.
在网球厅,在飞镖俱乐部。
My meeting is your going to the shore and surfing.
在海边,在冲浪。
My meeting is your yoga. That's, like you don't understand.
在做瑜伽的时候,你不会明白的。
That's what makes me happy, that's what makes me relaxed.
这些事让我快乐,让我放松。
I get relaxed when I'm working.
我在工作时非常放松。
Like, like, like I'm sorry I'm not wired like you.
我不会像你们那么精神紧张。