The Garden Of Love
爱情的花园
I went to the Garden of Love,
我去到爱情的花园里,
And saw what I never had seen;
看见了我从未见过的情景:
A Chapel was built in the midst,
在我经常玩耍的草地
Where I used to play on the green.
有一座礼拜堂建立在中心
And the gates of this Chapel were shut,
这礼拜堂的大门紧紧关闭,
And 'Thou shalt not' writ over the door;
门上写着,你不准如何如何;
So I turned to the Garden of Love
于是我转身到爱情的花园里,
That so many sweet flowers bore.
那里盛开着许多可爱的花朵,
And I saw it was filled with graves,
我却看见那儿尽是坟墓,
And tombstones where flowers should be;
墓碑代替了原有的花朵:
And priests in black gowns were walking their rounds,
穿黑袍的牧师还在踱来踱去,
And binding with briars my joys and desires.
用荆棘捆住了我的欲念和欢乐。