'I'm not trying to be a hero, but seriously, Sirius Black can't be worse than Voldemort, can he?'
“我不是努力要做英雄,不过说正经的,小天狼星布莱克不会比伏地魔更狠毒吧,会吗?”
Mr Weasley flinched at the sound of the name, but overlooked it.
韦斯莱先生听到这个名字,畏缩了一下,但随即克服了这种情绪。
'Harry, I knew you were, well, made of stronger stuff than Fudge seems to think, and I'm obviously pleased that you're not scared, but —'
“哈利,我知道你是,唔,比福吉想的要坚强,你没害怕,我感到高兴,不过——”
'Arthur!' called Mrs Weasley, who was now shepherding the rest onto the train.
“亚瑟!”韦斯莱太太叫道,现在她正在照顾这些人上火车,
'Arthur, what are you doing? It's about to go!'
“亚瑟,你在干吗?该走了!”
'He's coming, Molly!' said Mr Weasley, but he turned back to Harry and kept talking in a lower and more hurried voice.
“他就来了,莫丽!”韦斯莱先生说。但他又转向哈利,用更加急促的低声说道:
'Listen, I want you to give me your word —'
“听着,我要你保证——”
'— that I'll be a good boy and stay in the castle?' said Harry gloomily.
“——保证我听话,一直待在城堡里面?”哈利阴郁地说。
'Not entirely,' said Mr Weasley, who looked more serious than Harry had ever seen him.
“不完全是。”韦斯莱先生说,看上去比哈利见过他的任何时候都要严肃,
'Harry, swear to me you won't go looking for Black.' Harry stared. 'What?'
“哈利,向我发誓你不会去找布莱克。”哈利瞪眼,“什么?”
There was a loud whistle.
一声很响的哨子吹起。
Guards were walking along the train, slamming all the doors shut.
铁路工作人员沿着火车走过,把所有车门都关上了。
'Promise me, Harry,' said Mr Weasley, talking more quickly still, 'that whatever happens —'
“答应我,哈利,”韦斯莱先生说,说话更快了,“不管发生什么事——”
'Why would I go looking for someone I know wants to kill me?' said Harry blankly.
“我为什么会去找我明知道要杀我的人呢?”哈利茫然问道。
'Swear to me that whatever you might hear —'
“向我发誓不管你可能听到什么——”
'Arthur, quickly!' cried Mrs Weasley.
“亚瑟,快!”韦斯莱太太叫道。
Steam was billowing from the train; it had started to move.
火车喷着蒸气,开始移动。
Harry ran to the compartment door and Ron threw it open and stood back to let him on.
哈利跑到车厢门边,罗恩把门打开,自己让在一边,让哈利上车。
They leant out of the window and waved at Mr and Mrs Weasley until the train turned a corner and blocked them from view.
他们俯身窗外,向韦斯莱夫妇挥手,直到火车拐过弯去,看不见他们为止。