'But they'll catch him, won't they?' said Hermione earnestly.
“但是他们会抓住他的,是不是?”赫敏真诚地说,
'I mean, they've got all the Muggles looking out for him, too...'
“我的意思是说,他们已经叫所有的麻瓜去找他了……”
'What's that noise?' said Ron suddenly.
“哪里来的噪音?”罗恩突然说。
A faint, tinny sort of whistle was coming from somewhere.
什么地方传来微弱纤细的哨声。
They looked all around the compartment.
他们在车厢里四处寻找。
'It's coming from your trunk, Harry,' said Ron, standing up and reaching into the luggage rack.
“从你的箱子里发出来的,哈利。”罗恩说着,站起来到行李架上去拿那箱子。
A moment later he had pulled the Pocket Sneakoscope out from between Harry's robes.
不一会儿,他就把那个袖珍窥镜从哈利的长袍里拿出来了。
It was spinning very fast in the palm of Ron's hand, and glowing brilliantly.
它在罗恩的手掌上很快地旋转,而且光华灿烂。
'Is that a Sneakoscope?' said Hermione interestedly, standing up for a better look.
“这是架窥镜吗?”赫敏感兴趣地问道,站起来想看个仔细。
'Yeah... mind you, it's a very cheap one,' Ron said.
“是啊……要知道,这是很便宜的。”罗恩说,
'It went haywire just as I was tying it to Errol's leg to send it to Harry.'
“我把它拴到埃罗尔腿上要送给哈利的时候,它就疯疯癫癫的。”
'Were you doing anything untrustworthy at the time?' said Hermione shrewdly.
“你那时候是不是正在做什么事啊?”赫敏尖锐地问道。
'No! Well... I wasn't supposed to be using Errol. You know he's not really up to long journeys...
“没有!唔……我倒是不应该用埃罗尔的。你知道它不是很能胜任长途旅行……
but how else was I supposed to get Harry's present to him?'
不过,不这么做,我怎么能把礼物送给哈利呢?”
'Stick it back in the trunk,' Harry advised, as the Sneakoscope whistled piercingly, 'or it'll wake him up.'
“把它塞回箱子里去,”哈利说,因为那玩艺儿尖叫得厉害,“要不然该吵醒他了。”
He nodded towards Professor Lupin.
他向卢平教授那边点点头。
Ron stuffed the Sneakoscope into a particularly horrible pair of Uncle Vernon's old socks,
罗恩把它塞到了弗农姨父给哈利的一双旧袜子里面,
which deadened the sound, then closed the lid of the trunk on it.
这就掩盖了它的声音,然后罗恩又关上了箱子盖。
'We could get it checked in Hogsmeade,' said Ron, sitting back down.
“我们可以在霍格沃茨把它检查一下,”罗恩说,又坐了下来,
'They sell that sort of thing in Dervish and Banges, magical instruments and stuff, Fred and George told me.'
“德维斯和班斯出售这种东西,弗雷德和乔治告诉我的。”